metal pedals v plastic

Red Mesa’s on sale $27.95+$5.95 shipping plus 15% off with code on checkout page. Sprucing up the Coker and got a white pair for the Oregon. Already put a black pair on the Oracle, figured it would be nice to have all my pedals matching for familiarity when switching between uni’s. These pedals are great! Thanks Nurse Ben for the tip.

http://www.fyxation.com/shop/en/5-pedals

Any update on the one Leo posted?

Hi guys!

Did anyone use these pedals?

Wellgo Alloy Platform B185
Cost: $45.35
Weight: 320gr/pr
Size: 111 x 100 x 27mm.
Body: Aluminum 6061 extruded/ CNC machined / Anodized.
Spindle: Co-Mo.
Bearing: DU / Sealed.

I am currently choosing between them and Nukeproof Electron

after i started bending pens and a bent axle on my deity compounds i got some JCPC and they are so much more robust and fell stronger and alot more grip! lets see in a few weeks!

Can anyone compare the Deity or Nukeproof pedals with the plastic pedals that come on Nimbus unis? The Nimbus pedals have a strip of metal pins on each end.

Yes i can. i have deity compounds. they feel alot better and have tons better grip and are quieter

KnoxUni, how did you bend the axle in you Compounds. I am just wondering, because I believe that I ride much more conservatively than you and maybe the Compounds would fit my needs.

Peace.

6ft drop. lol. And they are still rideable

Do you need to specify that pedals are for a uni when ordering? I was wondering because of the counter threads on the left pedal.

No sir.

I don’t understand how I would install the left peddle if it does not have the counter threads. How would it go on without stripping the threads?

No, all bicycle pedals have left hand threads on the left pedals. If I remember correctly it was the Wright brothers that started using left threads to prevent the left pedal coming out.

Thanks, I did not know that. I thought unis only had the counter thread on the left pedal.

I guess what is confusing you, is that the right crank of a unicycle doesn’t need a sprocket, and so was usually a left crank with right thread.

I never gave much thought to pedals before I started riding a uni. A LBS owner planted the seed about needing different pedals for a uni. He is obviously mis-informed.

Are the Electron style pedals held together by the steel pins? I would like a bigger platform pedal but I want to remove the metal pins temporarily while I continue learning to ride.

No - the pins don’t hold them together. But don’t remove pins when learning to ride - the last thing you want is your feet slipping off the pedal. If you’re finding the metal pins scary, either get some shin pads, or get pedals with plastic pins. Twisted PCs still seem to be popular and are nice and cheap - they’re what I learned with (and in fact what I still have on my trials uni - handy that a mild pedal strike doesn’t draw blood, as I often can’t be bothered to put pads on when just going out for a quick practice).

Thanks for the info. That’s why I thought the Electrons would be good because they still have a couple of plastic pins even if the metal pins would be taken out temporarily.

You better put on your shin guards but do not remove pins. It is helping a lot.

Nurse Ben

I just picked up a pair of Black Ops Nyla-pro’s this morning and they are also the same as the Electrons. cost $50 at LBS