Memphis Unicycle Club Logo

you sure he was’nt the king of fat rollz?

Even now, our assassins wheel tword their target in the wilds of Oregon, their presence betrayed only by the occasional flash of sequened collar.

-C-

earth to tommy

sorry to shatter the illusion
your reaction and my suggestion seems diametrically oposed
a simple misunderstanding i’m sure
it’s your club - go with what turns U on
if it’s elvis - kewl
if it’s the bridge - kewl
i know i hate it when ppl assume that just because i’m from africa i must have the ‘Big 5’ on everything i do

go to the beer
.-)

namaste
dave

satellite to Dave,

What misunderstanding? What “Big 5?” What is a “Big 5?” What shattered illusion? What are you in reference to? I just went back and reread the entire thread trying to figure out what illusion was created and/or shattered. I don’t know about everybody else but I think playing around with a creative and silly idea with folks form around the world is a blast. I hardly take anything here serious enough to create an illusion much less have one shattered.

Have fun, Dave.:slight_smile:

Don’t fall for it GILD- Tommy’s over 30, and can’t be trusted. He, like the other members of The Big 5, are out to get you.

Sincearly,

big 5

:slight_smile:
contrary to the survivors on ‘survivor - afrika’, bears, tigers and hippo’s are not part of the big 5
listed by big game hunters, the big 5 represent the five most difficult animals to kill in the african bush
elephant, lion, leopard, rhino and buffalo
these have also become the cornerstone of the safari-experience understanding of african tourism

so, what does all of this have to do with elvis ‘saki-saki’ presley?
(afrikaans speaking unicyclists may find that funny as sakkie-sakkie is a form of dancing practised by the closest thing to rednecks that we have in this country)

i responded to a posting suggesting that the memphis folk dont think elvis when they think memphis
that’s the rest of the worlds first thought
ref. africa, ref. big 5

my suggestion therefore was to go with whatever turned on the memphis crowd and not to worry ref elvis thing and what the rest of us thought
tommy’s posting created the impression that he thought i was throwing my weight in behind the elvis drive
so i had to defend myself and my credibility as a human being

i am now so full of it…
.-)

any unicyclists near chiswick?
i’ll be in the uk from the 7/06
hope to meet up with some of u sometime

ps. i trust the misunderstanding is now deepened, broadened and more impenetrable

‘but one must bear in mind that one simply has to hurry as the walrus will soon be here and we havent started painting yet’

Oooohhh. I get it now. Thanks for clearing up the Big 5 thing. Also, thanks for the cultural anthro lesson on South African “redneck” dancing rituals. I know that there was a part of the conversation that I missed but…which part has been cleared-up.

I think that you are right about the rest of the world seeing Memphis as the portal to Elvis’ spirit. Ted (another MUCster) and I reaaly dig Elvis and we are at least inpart going to use the image. The screener is hot to go on this project as soon as we get a “cleaned-up” version. The screener did mention “image rights.” I used the phrase thatwas discussed here: “Oh, that’s not Elvis, it just looks a ilttle like him.” It only take about a week to get the t-shirts done once we get the art. Stay tuned…

Tommy

oh tommy!

it feels like we r giving birth to something here!
breathe (beer!), breathe (beer!), breathe…
u know if i could have it for u darling…
i’m off at a tangent now

glad we could get that cleared up
i hope to get myself out to memphis at some stage of my meandering life
when i do, i’ll give u a shout and maybe we’ll be able to MUC about on the uni’s for a while (-’

once we get t-shirts for GUS (gauteng unicycling society), we must have a cultural t-shirt exchange
which reminds me, how many other clubs have t-shirts printed and how many would like to get into a t-shirt exchange program?
every t-shirt gets to spend a certain amount of time at every other club before returning home to regale the home members with tales of far away uni’ing?
or something like that

look after u

gild

holy crap my mind is on explode, i’m having trouble with communicationz,please stand by OVER?