Megalist of Unicycling Bookmarks

Yet another unicycling links list :slight_smile:

I finally got motivated to clean up my unicycling and cycling related bookmarks. I cleaned out the dead links, did a little bit of organizing and a little bit of hunting.

The bookmark file is on my Backcountry Unicyclist web page. It’s a standard bookmark file exported from IE. You should be able to import the file to IE, Firefox, or most any other browser.

There are other unicycling links lists but they’ve all gone out of date. I’m sure my list will go out of date too so enjoy it while it’s fresh.

If you’ve got a site that you want added just send me an email or add it to this thread.

Re: Megalist of Unicycling Bookmarks

On Tue, 10 May 2005 17:24:49 -0500, “john_childs” wrote:

That is a mega-list indeed! Thanks for making it available!

>You should be able to import the file to IE, Firefox,
>or most any other browser.

Yeah but since you said…

>If you’ve got a site that you want added just send me an email or add it
>to this thread.

…it seems better to do what I did: add the url of your list as an IE
favo(u)rite.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict

wouldnt you be grumpy if somone just said you had PMS? - jagur

john your taste in music ROCKS!!

Wow John, thanks a lot! This list will save a lot of people a lot of time and effort. :slight_smile:

Now when people ask questions that have been posted many times before they can be directed not only to the search button, but also to this list!

Andrew

Re: Re: Megalist of Unicycling Bookmarks

You’ll note that I linked to the list in my favorites too. :slight_smile:

I think I may reorder the list and put the Fun Unicycle links ahead of the Fun Bike links. That goes against the alphabetization but makes some sense becuase I usually go for the unicycle links first.

The list is going to be updated a bit at the beginning but I suspect it will settle down and have few updates later on. It’s a mirror of my own favorites list so it depends on how many new sites I find and decide to bookmark.

I did notice that an old version of the bookmark list that I put up on Thursday or Friday already got Googled. I hope the spider comes back around and catches the new list soon.

That reminds me. I need to add a link to the EOTG MIDI file. Thanks for the reminder.

Re: Re: Re: Megalist of Unicycling Bookmarks

I noticed that indeed. It stood out because only maybe 10 or 15 links were differently coloured because I visited them recently, including obviously this one. That’ll keep me busy on rainy Sunday afternoons. :slight_smile:

Klaas Bil

John,
Their could’nt be any better place to go for anything I or anyone else could need.
I’m tired just reading it.
THANKS for helping the growing unicycle community.

Adam

After 10 years of net surfing you accumulate some links. Some of the links I had were literally from 1995. The downside is that almost all of the old ones were dead links. :slight_smile:

I did another update tonight. I added a section on learning and tips. I moved some links from the Misc folders into the learning and tips folder. I still need to do more organization of that huge Misc folder and classify the links in there as something other than Misc. I don’t know if I’ll ever get around to that.

I’m a bit of a packrat when it comes to links and video clips. The hard part is organizing the mess later.

Hey John,
I have to get some of that BAINT. Listed under “Bike Fun”, Ingenious Bicycle Anti-Theft Product.

What do you think, will work on a unicycle?

Re: Megalist of Unicycling Bookmarks

John, searching for Lars or clausen or onewheel or “one wheel” I didn’t find Lars Clausen’s site, http://www.onewheel.org/ .

Nice list. Thanks.

It would certainly work on a unicycle. It would also give new meaning to the suicide mount.

Someone should photoshop a unicyclist on an invisible unicycle and see how silly they look. :slight_smile:

There is an archive with some other humorous articles at:

Re: Re: Megalist of Unicycling Bookmarks

I’ve added Lars to my local list. It’ll get online the next time I do an update. I always type in his address and neglected to make a bookmark for it.

I need to study up on Library Sciences and Classification Theory so I can quit dumping everything under Misc. :slight_smile:

That is both impressive and expansive. I truly am impressed.

I am honoured (sp) to see that my quaint little gallery has made it to the level of awsomeness that is the Megalist. Once I am riding again I promise to fill it so jampacked with unicycle goodness that you will not be dissappointed.

You can add my site to your learning section if you like. I don’t know if it really helped anyone, but it was on the basic physics of a unicycle I did as a project. angelfire.com/un/unicyclephysics . Don’t forget there are two un’s.

David

I’ve added the unicyclephysics project under Misc 4. I’ll probably be going through the Misc pages soon and dividing them up into personal pages, info pages, and any other categories I can think of.

The online bookmark list is updated.

I made an organizational update. I got rid of the Misc category and replaced it with Unicycle Homepages, Unicycle Info, and Unicycle Sites.