Max tire width on 24 & 26" LX?

I was surprised I couldn’t find this in a search.

So, anybody now what the widest nobby is that can fit?

I Know it’s not just the width of the frame. I initially thought I could easily fit a 2.25 nobby on my 20" Nimbus X but it hit the fork crown.

bump

Anybody know?

Please! Someone has to know:o

i want to know if a trials tire will fit in a 20 in.torker lx frame

A trials tire will not fit on the 20inch somebody correct me if I am wrong. I don’t know about the 24 0r 26inch frames sorry. You could email ucd, but they ten to get back later than sooner. Good luck with it though if you do.

The largest tire I have found for my sons 20" LX is the Maxxis Max Daddy at 20x2.3 I just barely clears the crown.

I have not played with tires on the 24" LX because I got a KH24, but my daughter wants to ride the 24LX so I’m going to be experimenting with tires there. Not sure if Maxxis makes a Max Daddy 24", but I’ll start there if they do.

I’m pretty sure the largest 20" tire for the Max Daddy is 2.25"

That is the tire I tried to put on my Nimbus X.

So how about the 24 and 26?

I’ve read hear someone saying what the max was for the 24". I can’t remember if it was 2.3" or 2.6", And I was thinking the 26" might accept a wider tire than the 24, like they both can in comparison to the 20".

You’re right, I went and looked and the tire is marked 2.25 When I ordered it, it was listed as 2.3, strange other than when I put a ruler across it, it is indeed wider than 2.25 so I guess the place I ordered it took it upon themselves to say so. Anyway, it’s the biggest tire I’ve found that will fit.

If nobody has actually tried to put a wide tire on one of these, could you measure how much side and top clearance there is on you 24 or 26"?

Thats the Kenda Kinetics 24"X2.6" that came on my Torker DX on a 2007 24" Torker LX. It fits like a glove. There is very little clearance, but defnitely enough for riding. Hope that helps :slight_smile: It looks pretty sweet too doesn’t it?

[QUOTE=ChexjcThats the Kenda Kinetics 24"X2.6" that came on my Torker DX on a 2007 24" Torker LX. It fits like a glove. There is very little clearance, but defnitely enough for riding. Hope that helps :slight_smile: It looks pretty sweet too doesn’t it?[/QUOTE]

FINALLY:D

Huge help THANKS!!!

No problem :slight_smile:

Is that tire fitted to the original LX rim? If so that’s awesome–now I know my tire (same as yours there) will fit my friend’s 24" LX! Thanks.:smiley:

You gotta love this forum

I loved the pics and I don’t have those uni’s. It’s just cool how our experience flows like water. And that tire fits like a glove. :sunglasses: