Manchester (UK) Uni meet 21/2/04

Just a reminder for everyone. The next Manchester Uni meet is on Saturday 21/2/04. The details & directions are below.

The Denton Unicycle Cub, Egerton Park Community Arts College, Egerton Street, Denton, Manchester, M34 3PB

Directions as follows:

From junction 24 on the M60, follow the sign for Denton A57 to the second set of lights (sign posted Audenshaw, Arrow Trading Estate) where you turn left. Road bends to left, then right. Take the first right into Egerton St. We’re 200m on the right, just after the college main building.

Alternatively, join the M67 at junction 24 of the M60, turn left at the first exit (junction 1A) and Egerton St is the 3rd turning on the left.

There will be the usual uni stuff (workshops, hockey, basketball, indoor trials, games, UUU skill testing, etc, etc). These meets cater for all abilities, from the absolute beginner to the Kris Holm’s amongst you. Doors open at 11am, and things will run on untill 7pm.

If you’re into trials then you’ve got to try out ‘one’ of our new pieces of equipment… 30 feet of 2" pipe for you to wobble along! If that’s too hard, then why not try our 1.5" wide, 20 feet long flat beam! If that’s not your scene then there’s all the different things we can make out of the jigsaw pieces. Will anyone beat Des’ 27" high jump?

Don’t forget it is a BIG hall, with lots of room for eveyone.

Hope to see you all there.
Stu & Steve

:smiley:

liftshare???

hi de hi,
Was just wondering if there’s a liftshare thing set up for these uni meets. I’ve not been to one before but am very keen to since finding out about them this week on this here forum. However transport is my main problemo, having none other than my unicycle. Anyway, just a thought. Will hopefully meet you al in person at the unimeet. byezebye.
Kit

Hi Kit,

Can’t personally help you out on this one. Maybe if you post your location, you might find someone come to your rescue.

Hope you make it to Manchester, as it really is a good day.

Steve:)

location, location, location

I have the dubious pleasure of living in a sunny, scally infested hamlet called macclesfield. It’ about 25 miles south of manchester. Any help would be muchly appreciated. Also, would it be possible for someone to post some directions from any of the manchester train stations, or a landmark in or about Manchester. I know Mancester city centre fairly well as I used to work there, and have spent many evenings cavorting. Many thanks.
Kit

Re: location, location, location

Yeah, please when you’re advertising events, say how to get there from the train station for those of us who don’t drive to events.

cheers,

Joe

Hi Kit,

I may be able to help you out. I’m going to the Manchester meet (from London) via my parents house just outside Macc. I could pick you up on the way. Send me a PM and we can arrange it.

Paul

I’m assuming everyone that reads this has access to a PC. If you’re struggling to find your way to this saturday’s uni meet then you could try the following links:

This will give you bus/train timetable details from anywhere within the Manchester area to Denton (or anywhere else in the Manchester area). Just type in where you’re starting from, i.e Piccadilly Station, enter the destination (uni meet postcode M34 3PB) & the time of travel. This will give you all the details you’ll need.

Type in the postcode (M34 3PB) for a detailed map of the location of the uni meet.

I’m sure that will be of help. The above is helpful if you’re comming through Manchester on public transport. I hope people appreciate I can’t give directions from all over the country!

See you all there,
Steve :roll_eyes:

everyone should go!:smiley:

Last reminder about this Saturday’s big Uni meet in Manchester.
See you all there.

Steve:)