Making a B+ MUNI!

Can someone explain to me what a B+ muni is??

Is that a grade you give it, a rim size, or new type of unicycle? And why does it require you to remove part of your frame?

So confused… :thinking:

B+ is referring to 650B+ which is just like 29+ or 26+. It’s a 650b wheel (or 27.5) that has a 3" or bigger tire. WTB has a tire that’s 2.8 (close enough to 3") and Vee Rubber has a 3.25" Trax Fatty.

It’s a niche within a niche within a niche. A fat 650b (27.5").

I have a 650b, having convinced myself it was the perfect compromise between a 26"'s technical handling and the rollover and speed of a 29er… the size of a 26x3" Duro, but with better manners. My 650b Hans Dampf comes pretty close to delivering on that promise, I think. And yet… there’s this sexy 27.5" Trax Fatty… and sometimes i DO miss the built-in margin of error of a 3"+ tire…

It would fit nicely in your Conundrum… just sayin’.

Trax Fatty is going for $120!!

Not so long ago the Vee Rubber tires were a deal :frowning:

There are more 650b+ tires coming.

Thanks for the description. :slight_smile:

My tire came in! It is a little smaller than advertised, as expected. I measured 2.912" at the widest, and 2.884" around the casing. I don’t have anything to weigh it, but it feels light. It is right at 29" in diameter.

Sweet! That tire looks really nice! Thanks alot for the actual mesurements, I was looking for these. That’s a Velocity Blunt 35 rim?

That’s a velocity dually rim, so 39 mm internal width. The spec sheet measures them on a 60 mm internal width, which doesn’t even exist.

Any updates?

No updates yet, I’ve still got some stuff at the powder coater and my chain reaction cycles order still hasn’t arrived. So I’m dead in the water for now. But believe me as soon as it’s done I’ll post it here.

Could you mesure the height of the tire? when it’s pumped on a rim?

Before when I measured it was very nearly 29" dead on, my rim is still at the powder coater though. I finally got my chain reaction cycles order, I only had to wait a month and a half. so now all I have to do is get my frame back then assemble! (i’m also going to get SS hardware for everything too…)

Watching your project with great interest. Which tire did you get? Folding bead or wire, 72 or 120 tpi?

I used a 120 TPI folding bead, I wanted the 72 TPI folding to get a little thicker sidewalls, but they didn’t have stock. But the tire has pretty thick sidewalls even at 120 TPI. Definitely not as thick as a DH tire, but thicker than the kenda small block 8 tires I have on my MTB. Also, I think my frame might be ready from the powder coater, so hopefully I can pick that up today and get this thing put together.

Got some Trax Fats on the way, 27.5 x 3.25 :slight_smile:

Nice
So whats missing now is a 27.5 KH rim …

IMO, not really. The Velocity Dually is going to plenty suitable, and I bet the WTB Scraper is the same way.

May be because I think it’s been discontinued. It’s not on there website. Just the regular Trax.

Vee rubber seem to have 2 website; it can be found here http://veetireco.com/product/trax-fatty/

The powder coater was running behind schedule due to ice on the roads for the past week causing us southerners not to drive, so I’ve got about a week til that’s done… :frowning: