Maguras on my Muni

I was digging through my “bike parts bin” and ran across one set of Maguras that I had forgotten about, so they just had to go on my Muni. I fabricated the “horseshoe” mounting bracket out of 1/4 aluminum plate. I used a “bar end” for the lever mount. How do ya’ll like the results?

magura.jpg

Here’s the lever mount

magura lever.jpg

Re: Maguras on my Muni

I’m interested to see these mounting brackets you made, but need a higher
res picture. Did you take that with your cell phone or something?

—Nathan

“Krashin’Kenny” <KrashinKenny.mrv1y@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote in
message news:KrashinKenny.mrv1y@timelimit.unicyclist.com
>
> I was digging through my “bike parts bin” and ran across one set of
> Maguras that I had forgotten about, so they just had to go on my Muni. I
> fabricated the “horseshoe” mounting bracket out of 1/4 aluminum plate. I
> used a “bar end” for the lever mount. How do ya’ll like the results?
>
>
> ±---------------------------------------------------------------+
> | Attachment filename: magura.jpg |
> |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/138288|
> ±---------------------------------------------------------------+

I took the pictures with a p.o.s. camera that came with my computer. Basically. it’s just a horseshoe shaped bracket with a hole in the top to mount it . The “feet” on the lower end of the Maguras keep it centered on the fork, that way it is only necessary to drill one hole at the top of the fork to mount it. I also chose to “loop” the brake cable under the saddle instead of wrapping it around and around the seat tube as others do. This method makes for a cleaner look as for as the brake line is concerned

I have an old Magura, it may be on my MUni soon now I’ve seen yours. Thanks for posting the pics (like Nathan, I think some higher res ones would be good).

Cheers, Gary

The assembly is easy to remove.I’ll try to take it off the frame and shoot a picture or 2 over the weekend. They may come out a little clearer that way. This crappy camera that came with the computer is the only digital camera that I own, so my options are somewhat limited as to quality of the pictures.

Re: Re: Maguras on my Muni

Here’s a little better pic of the mounting bracket off of the Muni

magura bracket.jpg