Magura rim brakes with different rims?

Hi all,
I am wondering how much vertical adjustment there is (if any) for magura rim brakes? Is it possible for instance to put a 29er wheel on a 27.5" unicycle frame (ensuring there is tire clearance using actual frame measurements, and something like this BikeCalc.com - How to calculate Bicycle Wheel Size to work that out)?

Thanks,
Dawson

There’s hardly any. If the brake mounts are for a 27.5" rim, then that’s the only size that will work.

I think the only way to do that would be to add another set of brake mounts on the other side of the frame, like Triton does on their frames.

2 Likes

Thanks so much. As I don’t have any yet, and I couldn’t tell for sure from the manufacturer’s spec sheets. I had suspected as much, but I thought I’d check the ever helpful users on this forum. The thing is I have a 26" wheel on right now and am on the lookout for a wheel on the local used market. I keep coming up with 700c/29 that might possibly work for a decent price, but I have been mostly ignoring the ads until today when I speculated that perhaps this could work. I don’t really want to put new lugs on. I don’t know how to weld aluminum/aluminium yet.

Thanks again,
Dawson

for 26" and 27.5" I have this solution: 2 brake sockets

https://www.einradshop.ch/einrad-kaufen-schweiz/einradgabeln/792-getitone-dual-26275-muni-gabel.html

You can rotate the fork 180 degrees

2 Likes

That’s clever!

2 Likes

Yes, I had seen that in your catalouge. It’s just to bad that you can’t ship to Canada. Sigh. I love your store.

I can already ship to Canada. I only unlocked the surrounding European countries in the shop because there is a jungle of tariffs with different price zones that I have to assign to the countries. But if I have a specific request from a country, I will activate it in the shop. I have now unlocked Canada. Probably i can send this fork as a small package. (L+W+D max. 90cm) That would cost CHF 37.-. (-2kg). If you have any questions, please contact me via the email address in the shop

This is the reason I exclusively use disc brakes in the frame. Get a 36er frame and any size wheel will fit and brake works as long as a few details are met. Hub width is the same, disc diameters are consistent, best of the Uni world. That said, I don’t do that, I have many many many unicycles to choose and ride of all the sizes.

3 Likes