!Macht Nada Video!

Yeah Shaun, I forgot to tell ya…Im getting my uni stuff soon, so your going to have to go bigger with the hickflip it you want to stay on top. :wink:

KH.

that was an awesome video with some great stacks, what was with the guy getting hit by the car?

cheers, keep it wheel.

He had to do a school video and that was in it. So I guess he decided to put it in here also. By the way, it was Shaun getting hit.

KH.

WOW!! that was awesome. when u got hit by the car it looked like it hurt alot. great job.

miles

haha nice video but thats one reason for not wanting to learn crank flips, hmm bust seat posts

Trev

Cool Video Shawn,
in our german threat about this video was a questing about your pedals. What kind of pedals do you use? When you flip to a curb you can control on witch side of the pedal you grind? Did you cut the pins or do you use plates?

Niles

Some questions for you

Hi,

Idon’t compliment you on your incredible skills, everybody already did it.

I think i noticed something, and wanted to know if it’s chosen : The screen ratio between width and height seems to have changed since the FlipVid.
In this new video, you seem taller and thiner and the wheel is higher than wide.
This way, the incredible rolling hops seem higher, so as the stairs you clear (flipping). But i think all the spins (on a vertical axis) of the wheel are less impressive and i prefered the FlipVid ratio. Is it a choice, or did you let your editing software decide for you ?

Does “Macht nada” mean something in English, or is it really a mix of german and spanish ?

3 broken seatposts is not a good advertising, is it ?

I liked your vid, and enjoyed the credits,
Keep it up

Manuel

hahahahaahahahahhahah i loved the bail when you were jumping over the rail on the 3 4 or 5 set i think… it was sweet dude…

how long have you been riding? just curious.

Riley

Shaun, what’s the name of that song, its awesome

Shaun strted riding on MArch 5 2001 and he got a torker 24" for his early b-day present, He started to get serious in 03,04.

No i dont just kno all of this…It was on his page on www.krisholm.com

The sad thing is that I did know all of that haha.

KH.

Some people know me, that’s rad. Ok this guy goes on question back on page 2. Ok for the ad of it. I spoke to KH about all of that, I know that if he didn’t want it i wouldn’t have done it. The ratio changed because I got a new camera that’s naturally wide screen. The rolling hop was somewhere around 107cm. That 8 set flip isn’t high at all but long. Same with that 2 set flat is very long. I surprised my peeps here when I flipped it. I didn’t find a huge different in ratio and it must be to the eye of the picky. Macht nada is german structured slang with the word nichts (nothing) replaced with spanish (nada=nothing) meaning, it doesn’t matter. I had to do something different wiht the title. Making vids is becoming difficult to be different. People are filming dancing, gymnastic stuff, and their little siblings, gotta find something different (hence the car hit). But that’s all i’m out laters.
-Shaun Johanneson

That was fun, and a great vid for people to look at if they want to know about crankflips! Getting hit by the car looks like “lots of fun” too; something I would have done at age 17 and hoped my feet wouldn’t end up under the car as it went by or something.

A suggestion for future car-hits, if you do any. Keep the camera on the pedestrian, not the car. Watch a car and it means you expect to follow it. Watch a person walking and you don’t necessarily expect a car to come barreling through…

Is was a one shot deal, 3 angles, and 3 people, one driver, one stuntpeep, and one filmer. 2 static shots.

Is there some special technique to that or do you just hope you don’t die?:wink:

No you ahve to get hit from the side and behind and kinda jump into it…Then once you fall off the car you hope it doesnt roll over your hand:D…Well thats how we did it in my movie.

Really great video Shaun. It would probably be a bit more work editing but it would be cool if in future videos you slowed the footage down during the flips/spins they’re so crazy its sometimes hard to even tell what you’re doing :slight_smile:

Keep up the great work, it’s videos like your’s that inspire me to keep riding.

Cheers,

• James

Loved it! Best bit, Hick down a 5 set or 180 flip to fakie grind or that double flip down a 6 set (if you landed it) or the car bit or that flip gap or double body varial. Thanks again, great riding. YOUR AMAZING.

Mike

Dude, way not cool

No video should be so ubersuperfantabulous that it damages my fragile self-

esteem. I’m sitting here going dude, not cool. If you get any better I am really

going to get mad :angry: . Just joking that was sick. That was truly amazing if

I could do that, I would be like wow I’m amazing. Keep those vids coming. :astonished:

I didnt notice it first time but you did a real nice late 180 flip and nobody has commented on it. All was tight man,
Much skills.

Mike