Machined Brake Tracks

Herro, I’m a shallow guy with a shallow question.

If you’re building a unicycle with a disc brake, do you think that a machined sidewall detracts from appearance?

On the sister uni I’m building up to match my 700c, a non-machined rim is nary to be found in the color I want. I got my new rim today with machined sidewall, and can’t decide if it takes away from the spirit of the project or not.

I know, kind of a pointless question, but I was just wondering what everyone else thinks because I can’t do anything without the guidence of an internet audience.

:slight_smile:

Thanks.

If you want them to match it seems that if they both had machined sidewalls that would make sense…

Yeah, but my 700c already has a non-machined rim.

I figured I’d get the machined version for my new uni (since the non-machined version is unavailable), but don’t quite know what I think of it yet.

A machined sidewall is only OK if you use shiny cranks and polish your seatpost clamp.

Hey, good idea! Maybe I should just chrome all of my parts…

Its going to look terrible!! I’ll take it :smiley:

Well, its laced now so theres no turning back. Ill just have to learn to love it.

Looking at it put together, its actually not all that different. I figure being a muni, the pc would have scratched and chipped anyway.

On tuesdays and thursdays i match my underwear to my socks.

And the other days? :smiley:

No socks.

Kiefer, we must be diametric opposites. I’ve used a brake on a painted, non-machined rim. There are plenty of people with no brakes who have machined rims (and empty brake bosses to boot).