Lx is being a bitch

Sorry Gilby. I’m just very proprofanity.

The mindset of doing something MORE to make it less offensive is completely wrong, in my opinion. It’s the same as encouraging stealing, or assault. Doing something more does not make it not as bad, it just numbs your conscience.

koebwil, I use profanity when I’m with my friends, but in a puiblic place, I try (I do fail sometimes) to tone it down a lot, because there are people woh don’t want to read or hear it, or who don’t want other people to hear or read it, and it just makes everyone’s life better to just avoid doing that.

And literate too!

Back to the crank problem; crank pullers are cheap and useful tools. I couldn’t be without one given my growing collections of b*kes and unis. I was recently given a rather high end mountain bike because the bottom bracket was shot and the owner had stripped the threads out of the crank. He got frustrated and threw it on the shelf for a couple of years, lost interest and gave it to me. There is a special and very cool tool available at most auto parts stores for about $10 called a ball joint separator or (slang) a pickle fork. This is a wedge shaped tool that can be placed behind the crank arm and whacked a good one with a hammer. It’ll pop the crank arm off with ease. I’d HIGHLY recommend a crank puller first but in a pinch the ol’ pickle fork works wonders.:wink: