Los Angeles Heart Walk Unicycle Team (Join or donate)

One of our local Southern California riders who doesn’t post on these forums is organizing a group of unicyclists to ride in the Heart Walk. Here is the info from him:

"Here is the latest on the Heart Walk being held on Sunday, September 18th._ Only a few of you have replied, so I’m trying again to get more unis and munis involved._ The event will be a 5K on fairly level ground at the new world-class Home Depot Sports Complex in Carson from_ 9 AM to noon._ There will be lots of folks, and stuff going on._ And of course it’s a really important cause._ Heart disease and stroke kill more of us than any other disease - more than all cancers COMBINED!
_
I’ve set up a website for our team, the Heart Wheels . There’s a picture of me on my Coker concentrating so hard my eyes are practically crossed._ There will also be Walkers on our team, so don’t hesitate to bring family members who don’t ride.

As I write this email, I am the only one registered on the team, so please go to the website and REGISTER._ I don’t want anyone to worry about the money._ The team needs to raise money, but it will help just to have a bunch of unis there to remind everyone of how much fun they’re having!
"

From the team’s website you can either register to ride with us, or make donations on our behalf.

For further information contact David L. Ross david(at)rossfg(dot)com

Im headin out there…

David Ross, the unicyclist that is organizing this ride had someone named Michael Walton make a nice donation under the group’s name, but he doesn’t have any contact information that came in with the donation. We think he may have seen this thread, but not sure.

Michael Walton, please step forward.:slight_smile: We need to know how to contact you.

Cheers.

I know several of you on here are attending, would anyone like to do the ride from Downtown L.A. with me. It’s only 14.5 miles, which shouldn’t be too bad on a Coker. You can get the info on http://www.heartwalkla.org.