Loose-seat unicycling is fun

My custom frame is made so that the seat post doesn’t slide through to the tyre. This has it’s disadvantages but it does make for some really fun loose-seat unicycling. I think you should all try this if you have the chance because it’s great!

It must look really funny when you ride around like this. Today I was turning corners with the seatpost loose and I was turning my body and then letting my legs and the unicycle follow later on.

It’s lot’s of fun!

On a different topic, has anyone ever seen some sort of a tandem unicycle that has a different seat and set of cranks and pedals for each rider? This’d be heaps of fun, although probably very hard to coordinate with turning and general riding.

Andrew

I should probably try loose seat uni’ing based on the fact that i am a freak about having a straight seat. If i notice at all during a ride that my seat is crooked i quickly pull over and fix it and contiue riding merrily.
Oh i havent seen a tandem uni like tht but it is a good idea. id gladly test try one.

Re: Loose-seat unicycling is fun

On Fri, 20 Dec 2002 06:23:11 -0600, andrew_carter
<andrew_carter.fymcm@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote:

>On a different topic, has anyone ever seen some sort of a tandem
>unicycle that has a different seat and set of cranks and pedals for each
>rider? This’d be heaps of fun, although probably very hard to
>coordinate with turning and general riding.

See <http://www.unicycling.org/unicycling/btdt/unique.html>, the fifth
picture from the top.

Klaas Bil

"The lowly caterpillar has over 4000 muscles in its body, while the human only has 639 or so. "