Long Jump

Moritz Hahn jumped with a 20inch unicycle (140mm cranks).

That’s amazing!!! How tall is he? I’m sweating as we speak from practicing longjump, getting close to 2m on a KH20

Yeah im pretty sure we taped over my last jump, which was a lot closer (or futher away depending on how you want to look at it) :stuck_out_tongue:
Oh and Zee yeah im 17 in about 2 weeks :smiley:
And yeah thats amazing he got 2.65m on a 20"! How old is he?

Lower than what? What was the height of the sticks you used?

Yes having sticks means adding some amount of height, however small, to the landing area. Successful jumps will almost always be several cm farther than the actual location of the stick. But stick movement is a far more objective way to judge than eyeballing a landing spot. Hence the choice of methods outlined in the IUF rules.

has anyone ever done a coasting hop? i wonder if you were to try dropping in on a quarter pipe then almost instantly coasting then hopping, if that could get you the speed needed to do crazy far hops.

I think they were about 10mm high, I got the impression that the sticks we used were a standard height for doing long jump (they’d been brought all the way down from Auckland).

Is there a standard height?

Costs aside, what do you think of the electronic line monitoring system idea?

cheers
Pete

Hi,

here you can find a picture of Mo doing a big stair jump http://www.einradshows.de/?action=media (the guy with the orange t shirt).

I think he is 1,9m tall and 21 Years old.

Hi,

here are 2 Photos of me from the convention where I set up the 2.60 m in longjump. But the fotos do not show the 2.60 m.

http://www.tsv-zuffenhausen.de/radsport/dc6/bilder/meisterschaft/weitsprung5.jpg
http://www.tsv-zuffenhausen.de/radsport/dc6/bilder/meisterschaft/weitsprung6.jpg

cu

Mo

Guten Tag Lutz und Moritz Hahn,

Cheers for your posts, do you have any videos of Moritz doing longjump? Very very impressive stuff, what’s your static long jump like? And how high can you hop?

Danke
Pete

i can do around 7’, maybe 8’ with good speed, but im on a bc…so…a uni, for me, is like 5’

Re: Long Jump

Just a question:

For a long jump to count, should you ride out of it, like three wheel
revolutions or so?

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict

“erectile function trumps public image - David Stone, commenting on the importance of seat comfort”

yeah, same rules as high jump apply.

Re: Long Jump

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 01:53:01 -0600, pete66 wrote:

>yeah, same rules as high jump apply.

Okay then. I just thought that ‘normal’ longjumpers throw their feet
forwards to get a longer jump. They certainly don’t run out of it.
Similar for highjumpers. So we have stricter rules.

Would we be able to longjump farther if we did NOT have to ride out
(throwing our wheel forward)?

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict

“erectile function trumps public image - David Stone, commenting on the importance of seat comfort”

Update: Static flat gap = ~2.0m! (highly unofficial but I have video) What is the longest static seat in gap people can do?

I can do 2 ft easy(which isnt much) but i have done 3ft(which also isnt much)

Enter: lengthy post by Mr. Foss.

Probably a lot farther. But what would be the point? It would be a dismount, not a unicycle feat. So one of the basic premises in all these unicycle competition events is that you have to stay on the thing. This has been a sore point over the years in track racing, where you get timed as your wheel crosses the finish line, but you have to ride all the way across. People complained that makes a 100m race more like a 101m race. Yes and no, as we only measure the first 100m!

Someone also asked (six months ago) about the laser system for measurement, if cost didn’t matter. I’d think it’s the best way to go! However, costs matter. Until we can afford to have those things at our events, we’ll have to stick with something a lot cheaper. But our sticks can be a lot flatter than 10mm. We could probably spec something really thin, even if it needs to be wider on the ends to make it easier to pick up.

Cam, you called it.

dang…thats crazy

i suck at rolling hops.

I’ve done a 2.87m rolling flat gap, on video. Haven’t heard of anyone hopping further than that yet.