Raphael Lasar
Matawan, NJ

==============================================
Unicycling through London for charity

288 words
22 April 2003
Newsquest Media Group Newspapers: This is Breaking News
English
c Copyright 2003 Newsquest Digital Media.

Teenager Michael Trew is to unicycle eight-and-a-half miles through London in a bid to raise enough cash to fund charitable work in Africa.

Michael, 18, of Ivins Road, Beaconsfield, dreamt up the wacky stunt with his parents. He will wheel his way from the Millennium Dome to the London Eye on May 5.

Michael, who learnt to ride the contraption last summer, is calling his challenge Unicycle 4 Africa. He needs to raise enough money to spend three weeks in Togo, West Africa, this summer, with the Christian charity Wycliffe - the Bible translators.

He explained: "I learnt to ride it last summer so I have been around on it since then.

"I have been down to Waitrose and I have done local trips to Beaconsfield on the thing.

"It is very hard at first but after a bit of work you can do it but you have got no chance going straight. It is quite slow and there is the maximum speed your legs can go and after that you fall off.

“People seeing me going round Beaconsfield have been asking ‘what is he doing?’ and that sort of stuff.”

On the day he will be supported by his parents and hopes people will donate as he goes along.

His trip this July will see him working to help people in Togo translate the Bible into local languages.

Out of more than 6,000 languages in the world 2,223 have not had the Bible translated.

Wycliffe aim to have the Bible translated into every language in the world by 2025.

To sponsor Michael call 01494 675645 or go to http://www.unicycle4africa.com

London…England :angry:

Sorry, that was soooo Euro-centric and presumptuous of me.

Raphael Lasar
Matawan, NJ