Lollipop Mod. 24" 26" Has anyone ever....?

I would like to know if anyone has ever moved thier 24" Lollipop frame up to the second set of holes to fit a 26" inch rim and tire. Has anyone used any special extentions to do this.
I have a 24" lollipop that I use only to ride to work and to the store and I find it a little slow, so I was thinking of lacing a 26" rim to the hub and extending my frame to fit the tire.
First question, am I the only one this stupid, or has someone done this?
Second question, will I notice that big a difference in the speed between the 24" and 26".

I’d say that was a bit dodgy. Lollipop bearings aren’t very strong at the best of times. My old 24" frame a quite a bit of clearance and a 700c just fitted with the bearings fully in. How much space have you got?

You’d be a lot better off switching to shorter cranks on the 24" for speed. The speed difference with a 26" wheel isn’t very large.

Shorter or longer? I was looking to increase my speed and distance traveled without increasing my crank strokes.

Shorter. It’ll make it faster and easier to go long distances. It’s a bit harder to control and stop but you’ll soon get used to it.

Wow, I am all backasswards now. I had gotten a bigger tire and LONGER cranks thinking that would make it faster and better on long rides. Maybe before I cahnge my rim size I will try my 127mm cranks from my 20".
Thanks.

Shorter cranks allow you to spin faster, because your legs have to move less for each pedal revolution. They also make for a smoother ride. As noted above, with shorter cranks you have less leverage, so it’s not as easy to control or stop the uni, but with a 24" street uni, that’s not much of an issue. I’ve never seen anyone find it difficult to switch to 127mm on a 24"; even 110mm takes only a little bit of adjustment.