"Livin' the Dream"[Street/Flat]

Unless you mean that the tire to tire varial was hard to judge because of the graff, I am not sure what you are saying. I think its easy to judge. Its super sloppy. I could barely stand up and could not film it any cleaner… all those hops ooof. The trick on its own is pretty easy and I will surely have a cleaner version in another vid.

Yea no doubles are treys. I was originally going to have more street in this vid, but was informed that I may have to back up a call out. That did not happen however my next vid will be a for the riders kind of video, and will have some bigger stuff like that which looses its true awesomeness to the general public.

Thanks man, had to remind me about the rail. There really is nothing to grind where I live. Or Brooklyn. The skate parks around here dont even have anything worth wile… I guess I will never get to be a true grinding master… well unless you talk to the ladies, haha.

Canon XHA1… Its not cheap. I am forever working on small film jobs to try and pay it off.

the tire to tire body varial wasnt a full 180 is all im saying. Reminded me of people that have troubles with sex changes that look basically like hickflips.

But it was close enough. Never seen it before.

That was crazy good!

Your best vid. Awesome riding, great style. Really nice edit. I liked the little details in the edit (lyric: “channel my aggressions” and then you throw your uni. The little bells in the music, and you did a tire grab foot tap thing at 7:10)

Great video, the work you put in showed.

How long have you been riding unicycle to get this skills???
O.O Amazing

My first message in this forum ^^
Im from Brazil and Im starting

Amazing! I didn’t think it was too long, I was entertained the whole time. I really liked the crankflip across the gap.

The riding and editing was really good. But I prefer fast paced street videos, and I found the first 4 minutes really boring. I just thought with that editing and riding skill the video could of been a lot better. I did enjoy the last 5 minutes of the video though, and you had some awesome tricks in there. I also liked the locations.

BTW you’re got a rather interesting colour scheme on your uni :stuck_out_tongue:

That was incredible Sam. I don’t understand the crap everyone is saying about it being too long. I wanted it to never end, especially the “intro”. I think pushing those important four minutes off to the side as just a mere intro is a disservice. What you said in that video really is what keeps many us going. A lot of the time, especially recently I’ve been getting pulled away from riding, whether it be because I think I’ve worked a long day or maybe just because it happens to be a bit too hot out. Hearing those words really helped me put some things into perspective. Without living my dream I’m not living at all. Without that to pursue we are just drones surviving day after day until our days have been spent.

Let me not forget your skills and the progression! Just two or so months ago you couldn’t even backflip. I remember being so pumped to land one before you on our ride, but now a fakie flip down a set? What? When does all this progression happen? You’ve left me in the dust. Keep it up man, I’m so impressed.

This video was most certainly a winner, right up there with Zen Junkie. Not many videos earn a second viewing from me but this one definitely gets it, and a third, and fourth, …

I definitely disagree there. I think keeping the clips from individual locations together allows for a more natural progression of the video rather than just a chaotic spattering of clips.

One thing I’d like to say though is that while I found the white boarder appropriate for the first four minutes with it adding to the mood, I would have liked for it to disappear after that. I felt like it took away from the visual appeal of the footage and kind of counteracted your punchy contrast and saturated colors. I loved the editing in the clips during the credits though, totally awesome film look.

Will we be hearing about a Monster sponsorship sometime soon? Shameless.

I dont get it either. Maybe they aren’t looking at how meaningful and artistic it was supposed to be.

I loved it though.

Sorry, Emile, in this video, the constant background I thought was perfect. If he went from the graffiti, to something else, I think it would of ruined what he did do with the graffiti parts.

Anyways, this has to be one of the best videos that have came out in a long time.

Really great video! Love the tricks! Keep up the great unicycling and great video editing. :slight_smile:

some people are never pleased.

This film is great man, i actually wished it was longer.

keep up the great work. i look forward to more in the future.

awesome riding, and editing as always. I watched it in two parts cuz it was so long but still loved it. Great job as always!

Great video…very enertained

Very Very well done, I can’t wait to ride with you at unicon!

Well, that was awesome! I’ve been waiting for this one! :slight_smile:
It wasn’t long at all, that was just perfect. Sam’s truly one of my favorite editors.
Keep up the good work, man! :slight_smile:

Thanks guys.
HD version will be up today on vimeo.

Emile- Thanks for giving your opinion. Constructive criticism is always welcome, however If it was not clear enough by the style of this video I want to try to nicely explain that I was not looking for it. Besides a few extra hops here and there :roll_eyes: I was very careful to edit this video up the way I did with much thought behind it.

Thank you Brain and Jerrick for expressing in words here, that what I tried to express in the “intro” was more than a simple intro. That is kinda the joke… IN film you are allowed to play with time and ideas and in a subtle way when an intro becomes its own half of the film there is something special being expressed.

Matty-
You the man, It is me who looks forward to more, from you.

ntappin-
Sorry man, not gonna make it this year. Couldn’t budget it with NAUCC so close. How do I say… "Im not livin that dream anymore, haha.

Thank you. I can and do say the same about you, bro.

Wow, I didn’t know you were going to naucc. I look forward to meeting/ riding with you.

WOW… great video. I like the whole thing, I wanted more though. The 360 unispin to stand up WW was crazy, also the 180(ish) body varial on wheel. I like the originality of some moves, like the above, and 7:10. I always injoy street and flat together, so keep up with both.
I can’t wait for the next video.