List of Questions, Plz help

:slight_smile:
Here are some questions…

1. When grinding, wouldnt it singe and wreck your pedals? (I think you can purchase pedal protectors but im not sure.)

2. On this trials unicycle should the cranks be upgraded to 137, 150 or 165 mm? (KH moment cranks) because I think they are to small for trials unicycling

3. How do you get sponsered when your’e a good unicyclist?

1. When grinding, wouldnt it singe and wreck your pedals? (I think you can purchase pedal protectors but im not sure.)

I shouldn’t think so - and a lot of the time you have the choice of grinding on the crank too.

1. On this trials unicycle should the cranks be upgraded to 137, 150 or 165 mm? (KH moment cranks) because I think they are to small for trials unicycling

I’d say 137 - as that is a good compromise between speed and stability

1. How do you get sponsered when your’e a good unicyclist?

You need to be more than a good unicyclist, do something that makes you a particularly special unicyclist, or confront people to sponsor you and have luck

1.you can buy pedals with metal grind plates http://www.unicycle.uk.com/shop/shopdisplayproduct.asp?catalogid=601.

2.i would go for 137mm.

3.there have been a few threads about how to get sponsered
or just go down to your local bike shop and ask about it.

1. Your pedals will get wrecked, no doubt. The question is, how fast will you wreck them. That depends on what the pedals are made of (plastic, steel or aluminum) and how well they’re made. If in doubt, start with a cheap pair of pedals and go from there.

2. As well as riding faster, short cranks give you the ability to ride in a straighter line. If you like riding skinnies, shorter cranks will make that riding easier.

Longer cranks give you more leverage. You’ll be able to stick off-angle landings (such as when doing natural trials) much easier. You’ll have more power on your forward hops.

You make the call here.

1. Sponsorship has nothing to do with being a great rider, although that helps. What makes a rider sponsorable is how they represent the sport and/or the sponsor.

That’s what a sponsor is interested in… do you make their products look good / fun / etc? As a sponsored rider, your job is to help sell your sponsor’s product(s). You’re a living, breathing commercial!

If you’re self-motivated, outgoing and have some showmanship skills (i.e. look good at what you do), then you have sponsorship potential. Start by polishing the skills you have, then go sell yourself to local bike shops or unicycle companies… make some videos, take some pictures, write a short letter on why you’d make a good sponsored rider, and share it with your potential sponsors!

tyre thickness

Thx people for the things so fare, another q i forgot to ask is- for street/trials riding how long across should the tyre be?LOL I cant explain this well but on wheels it said like 20 x 1.75 or somthing like that. the 1.75 is how wide the tyre is across the top LOL heres an example of what I mean.
http://www.unicycle.au.com/View.php?action=ProductDetail&Code=UTYG24
How thick should it be in mm’s for trials riding?

(almost) All [mod] trials tires are 20[19] x 2.5

If you have a 19" rim you will have a 2.5" tire almost forsure

thx mate =]

If you are interested, I made a thread a little while back about Local Bike Shop Sponsorships.

reply to question 3, you not only have to be a great uniyclist, you have to be well rounded as well.
check out my video… i’m definitely not good enough to get sponsored