Limbaugh gets 9 figure contract ?!

Rush Limbaugh - the self appointed Christ of the Ultra Right of the
reptiles (Republicans) just renewed his on the air contract for 9 figures
and 9 years (as just reported on CNN).

I didn’t know anyone was actually listening to this creep anymore, but 9
figures for a radio show host?

Morten Downey Jr. is rolling is his grave . . .

Howard Stern should get 1 Billion on his contract renewal.


JD

“Of course that’s just my opinion, I could be wrong . . .” Dennis Miller


His audience is quite large, much larger than many TV programs. As such,
he is being paid for his listeners, a group on which he has a tighter hold
than a TV personality does. TV talent are simply eye-candy where as on the
radio medium one must put together a coherent thought on the fly, which
many of the pretty faces of TV (see Dan Rather) cannot.

JD wrote:

> Rush Limbaugh - the self appointed Christ of the Ultra Right of the
> reptiles (Republicans) just renewed his on the air contract for 9
> figures and 9 years (as just reported on CNN).
>
> I didn’t know anyone was actually listening to this creep anymore, but 9
> figures for a radio show host?
>
> Morten Downey Jr. is rolling is his grave . . .
>
> Howard Stern should get 1 Billion on his contract renewal.
>
> –
> JD
>
> “Of course that’s just my opinion, I could be wrong . . .” Dennis Miller
>
> —

The big difference between talents like Dan Rather and Rush is that Rush
owns his program and has the ability to make corporate type decisions.

OTOH - Dan Rather is basicall paid talent of CBS inc. - they make all of
the “life and death” decisions concerning programming, content, etc.

Rush only has to answer to Rush, and his audience.

I wasn’t aware that he still had that many listeners . . . Actually I was
hoping that he would go away after the 1992 elections.

JD

Mark Lyon <mark@marklyon.org> wrote in message
news:3B54DED4.447ECDE1@marklyon.org
> His audience is quite large, much larger than many TV programs. As such,
he is
> being paid for his listeners, a group on which he has a tighter
> hold than
a TV
> personality does. TV talent are simply eye-candy where as on the radio
medium
> one must put together a coherent thought on the fly, which many of the
pretty
> faces of TV (see Dan Rather) cannot.
>
> JD wrote:
>
> > Rush Limbaugh - the self appointed Christ of the Ultra Right of the
reptiles
> > (Republicans) just renewed his on the air contract for 9 figures and 9
years
> > (as just reported on CNN).
> >
> > I didn’t know anyone was actually listening to this creep anymore, but
> > 9 figures for a radio show host?
> >
> > Morten Downey Jr. is rolling is his grave . . .
> >
> > Howard Stern should get 1 Billion on his contract renewal.
> >
> > –
> > JD
> >
> > “Of course that’s just my opinion, I could be wrong . . .” Dennis
> > Miller
> >
> > —

Same with the talk show host Mike Gallagher. He owns his own
show/production company…is syndicated, and makes the big bucks because
of it. I think they’re biggest talent is their business mind…


Rodney Blackwell - site owner/administrator

http://T-ShirtCountdown.com http://TalkT-Shirts.com/
http://ihateclowns.com/ http://NewT-Shirts.com/ http://DomainJunkies.com/
http://EmailSources.com/ http://SellYourLogo.com/ http://JackAssMail.com

Make 50¢ an hour surfing the web! Get-paid-to-surf is back!
http://www.spedia.net/cgi-bin/tz.cgi?run=show_svc&fl=8&vid=2633282

“JD” <jd@alegate.com> wrote in message
news:9j2q76$mj4$1@constitution.worldwebserver.com
> The big difference between talents like Dan Rather and Rush is that Rush
> owns his program and has the ability to make corporate type decisions.
>
> OTOH - Dan Rather is basicall paid talent of CBS inc. - they make all of
the
> “life and death” decisions concerning programming, content, etc.
>
> Rush only has to answer to Rush, and his audience.
>
> I wasn’t aware that he still had that many listeners . . . Actually I
> was hoping that he would go away after the 1992 elections.
>
> JD
>
> Mark Lyon <mark@marklyon.org> wrote in message
> news:3B54DED4.447ECDE1@marklyon.org
> > His audience is quite large, much larger than many TV programs. As
such,
> he is
> > being paid for his listeners, a group on which he has a tighter hold
than
> a TV
> > personality does. TV talent are simply eye-candy where as on the radio
> medium
> > one must put together a coherent thought on the fly, which many of the
> pretty
> > faces of TV (see Dan Rather) cannot.
> >
> > JD wrote:
> >
> > > Rush Limbaugh - the self appointed Christ of the Ultra Right of the
> reptiles
> > > (Republicans) just renewed his on the air contract for 9 figures
> > > and 9
> years
> > > (as just reported on CNN).
> > >
> > > I didn’t know anyone was actually listening to this creep
> > > anymore, but
9
> > > figures for a radio show host?
> > >
> > > Morten Downey Jr. is rolling is his grave . . .
> > >
> > > Howard Stern should get 1 Billion on his contract renewal.
> > >
> > > –
> > > JD
> > >
> > > “Of course that’s just my opinion, I could be wrong . . .” Dennis
> > > Miller
> > >
> > > —
>

That’s exactly right. Bruce Williams (the longest running syndicated guy)
just went out on his own after 20 years, making twice what he was and with
total control.

That is the good thing about radio, it is the freedom. Even hosts of shows
that are local don’t have to deal with scripted productions and 5
producers telling them what they are and aren’t going to do. They sink or
swim on their own.

BTW, Rush has the largest radio audience of any program in any format
(including music).

Rodney Blackwell wrote:

> Same with the talk show host Mike Gallagher. He owns his own
> show/production company…is syndicated, and makes the big bucks because
> of it. I think they’re biggest talent is their business mind…
>
> –
> Rodney Blackwell - site owner/administrator

> http://T-ShirtCountdown.com http://TalkT-Shirts.com/
> http://ihateclowns.com/ http://NewT-Shirts.com/
> http://DomainJunkies.com/ http://EmailSources.com/
> http://SellYourLogo.com/ http://JackAssMail.com

> Make 50¢ an hour surfing the web! Get-paid-to-surf is back!
> http://www.spedia.net/cgi-bin/tz.cgi?run=show_svc&fl=8&vid=2633282
>
> “JD” <jd@alegate.com> wrote in message
> news:9j2q76$mj4$1@constitution.worldwebserver.com
> > The big difference between talents like Dan Rather and Rush is that
> > Rush owns his program and has the ability to make corporate type
> > decisions.
> >
> > OTOH - Dan Rather is basicall paid talent of CBS inc. - they make
> > all of
> the
> > “life and death” decisions concerning programming, content, etc.
> >
> > Rush only has to answer to Rush, and his audience.
> >
> > I wasn’t aware that he still had that many listeners . . . Actually I
> > was hoping that he would go away after the 1992 elections.
> >
> > JD
> >
> > Mark Lyon <mark@marklyon.org> wrote in message
> > news:3B54DED4.447ECDE1@marklyon.org
> > > His audience is quite large, much larger than many TV programs. As
> such,
> > he is
> > > being paid for his listeners, a group on which he has a tighter hold
> than
> > a TV
> > > personality does. TV talent are simply eye-candy where as on the
> > > radio
> > medium
> > > one must put together a coherent thought on the fly, which many
> > > of the
> > pretty
> > > faces of TV (see Dan Rather) cannot.
> > >
> > > JD wrote:
> > >
> > > > Rush Limbaugh - the self appointed Christ of the Ultra Right of
> > > > the
> > reptiles
> > > > (Republicans) just renewed his on the air contract for 9 figures
> > > > and 9
> > years
> > > > (as just reported on CNN).
> > > >
> > > > I didn’t know anyone was actually listening to this creep anymore,
> > > > but
> 9
> > > > figures for a radio show host?
> > > >
> > > > Morten Downey Jr. is rolling is his grave . . .
> > > >
> > > > Howard Stern should get 1 Billion on his contract renewal.
> > > >
> > > > –
> > > > JD
> > > >
> > > > “Of course that’s just my opinion, I could be wrong . . .” Dennis
> > > > Miller
> > > >
> > > > —
> > >
> >
> >

Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii

<!doctype html public “-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en”> <html>
That’s exactly right. Bruce Williams (the longest running syndicated
guy) just went out on his own after 20 years, making twice what he was and
with total control.
<p>That is the good thing about radio, it is the freedom. Even hosts
of shows that are local don’t have to deal with scripted productions
and 5 producers telling them what they are and aren’t going to
do. They sink or swim on their own.
<q>BTW, Rush has the largest radio audience of any program in any format
(including music).
<r>Rodney Blackwell wrote: <blockquote TYPE=CITE>Same with the talk show
host Mike Gallagher. He owns his own show/production <br>company…is
syndicated, and makes the big bucks because of it. I think <br>they’re
biggest talent is their business mind…
<s>–
<br>Rodney Blackwell - site owner/administrator

<br><a href=“http://T-ShirtCountdown.com”>http://T-ShirtCountdown.com</a>-
<a
href=“http://TalkT-Shirts.com/”>http://TalkT-Shirts.com/</a> <br><a href=-
http://ihateclowns.com/”>http://ihateclowns.com/</a> &n-
bsp; <a
href=“http://NewT-Shirts.com/”>http://NewT-Shirts.com/</a> <br><a href=“h-
ttp://DomainJunkies.com/”>http://DomainJunkies.com/</a> -
<a
href=“http://EmailSources.com/”>http://EmailSources.com/</a> <br><a href=-
http://SellYourLogo.com/”>http://SellYourLogo.com/</a> -
<a
href=“http://JackAssMail.com”>http://JackAssMail.com</a>

<br>Make 50¢ an hour surfing the web! Get-paid-to-surf is back!
<br><a href=“http://www.spedia.net/cgi-bin/tz.cgi?run=show_svc&fl=8&vid=2-
633282”>http://www.spedia.net/cgi-bin/tz.cgi?run=show_svc&fl=8&vi-
d=2633282</a>
<t>“JD” <jd@alegate.com> wrote in message <br><a href=“news:9j2q76$mj4-
$1@constitution.worldwebserver.com”>news:9j2q76$mj4$1@constitution.wor-
ldwebserver.com</a>… <br>> The big difference between talents like
Dan Rather and Rush is that Rush <br>> owns his program and has the
ability to make corporate type decisions. <br>> <br>> OTOH - Dan Rather
is basicall paid talent of CBS inc. - they make all of <br>the <br>>
“life and death” decisions concerning programming, content, etc. <br>>
<br>> Rush only has to answer to Rush, and his audience. <br>> <br>> I
wasn’t aware that he still had that many listeners . . . Actually
I was <br>> hoping that he would go away after the 1992 elections.
<br>> <br>> JD <br>> <br>> Mark Lyon <mark@marklyon.org> wrote in
message <br>> <a href=“news:3B54DED4.447ECDE1@marklyon.org”>news:3B54D-
ED4.447ECDE1@marklyon.org</a>… <br>> > His audience is quite large,
much larger than many TV programs. As <br>such, <br>> he is <br>>
> being paid for his listeners, a group on which he has a tighter hold
<br>than <br>> a TV <br>> > personality does. TV talent are
simply eye-candy where as on the radio <br>> medium <br>> > one must
put together a coherent thought on the fly, which many of the <br>>
pretty <br>> > faces of TV (see Dan Rather) cannot. <br>> > <br>> > JD
wrote: <br>> > <br>> > > Rush Limbaugh - the self appointed Christ of
the Ultra Right of the <br>> reptiles <br>> > > (Republicans) just
renewed his on the air contract for 9 figures and 9 <br>> years <br>> >
> (as just reported on CNN). <br>> > > <br>> > > I didn’t know anyone
was actually listening to this creep anymore, but <br>9 <br>> > >
figures for a radio show host? <br>> > > <br>> > > Morten Downey Jr. is
rolling is his grave . . . <br>> > > <br>> > > Howard Stern should get
1 Billion on his contract renewal. <br>> > > <br>> > > – <br>> > > JD
<br>> > > <br>> > > “Of course that’s just my opinion, I could be wrong
. . .” <br>> > > Dennis Miller <br>> > > <br>> > > — <br>> > <br>>
<br>></blockquote> </html

------=_NextPart_000_00A3_01C10EFE.09083760

    charset="iso-8859-1"

Mark Lyon" <mark@marklyon.org> wrote in message =
news:3B54FF06.8F595FF9@marklyon.org… That is the good thing about radio,
it is the freedom. Even hosts of = shows that are local don’t have to deal
with scripted productions and 5 = producers telling them what they are and
aren’t going to do. They sink = or swim on their own.=20

Actually, local hosts still are kinda told what to do by their program =
manager/station directors. But as far as daily content goes, they have a
= much larger free reign on talk radio than on FM.

BTW, Rush has the largest radio audience of any program in any format =
(including music).=20

I suppose that makes him the coolest guy in the world then.

–=20 Rodney Blackwell - site owner/administrator

http://T-ShirtCountdown.com http://TalkT-Shirts.com/
http://ihateclowns.com/ http://NewT-Shirts.com/
http://DomainJunkies.com/ http://EmailSources.com/
http://SellYourLogo.com/ http://JackAssMail.com

Make 50=A2 an hour surfing the web! Get-paid-to-surf is back!

http://www.spedia.net/cgi-bin/tz.cgi?run=3Dshow_svc&fl=3D8&vid=3D2633282

------=_NextPart_000_00A3_01C10EFE.09083760 Content-Type: text/html;
charset=“iso-8859-1”

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC “-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN”>
<HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML 5.50.4522.1800"
name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>Mark Lyon" <<A =
href=3D"mailto:mark@marklyon.org">mark@marklyon.org</A>>=20 wrote
in message <A=20 href=3D"news:3B54FF06.8F595FF9@marklyon.org">news:3-
B54FF06.8F595FF9@markl= yon.org</A>…</DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; =
BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
<P>That is the good thing about radio, it is the freedom. Even =
hosts of=20 shows that are local don’t have to deal with scripted
productions and = 5=20 producers telling them what they are and
aren’t going to do. = They sink=20 or swim on their own.=20
<Q><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Actually, local hosts still are kinda =
told what to=20 do by their program manager/station directors. But as
far as daily = content=20 goes, they have a much larger free reign on
talk radio than on = FM.</FONT>
<R>BTW, Rush has the largest radio audience of any program in any =
format=20 (including music).=20
<S>I suppose that makes him the coolest guy in the world then.
<T>-- <BR>Rodney Blackwell - site=20

----------<BR><A=20

href=3D"http://T-ShirtCountdown.com">http://T-ShirtCountdown.com</A>&nbsp=
; =20 <A =
href=3D"http://TalkT-Shirts.com/">http://TalkT-Shirts.com/</A><BR><A=20

href=3D"http://ihateclowns.com/">http://ihateclowns.com/</A> &=
nbsp; =20 <A
href=3D"http://NewT-Shirts.com/">http://NewT-Shirts.com/</A><BR><A=20

href=3D"http://DomainJunkies.com/">http://DomainJunkies.com/</A> &nb=
sp; =20 <A =
href=3D"http://EmailSources.com/">http://EmailSources.com/</A><BR><A=20

href=3D"http://SellYourLogo.com/">http://SellYourLogo.com/</A> &nbsp=
; =20 <A=20

href=3D"http://JackAssMail.com">http://JackAssMail.com</A><BR>-----------=

50=A2 an hour surfing the web! Get-paid-to-surf is back!<BR><A=20

href=3D"http://www.spedia.net/cgi-bin/tz.cgi?run=3Dshow_svc&fl=3D8&am=
p;vid=3D2633282">http://www.spedia.net/cgi-bin/tz.cgi?run=3Dshow_svc&=
fl=3D8&vid=3D2633282</A></P></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00A3_01C10EFE.09083760–

Yes, they do have constraints. But, if they excercise their control
properly, they can pretty much do what they want as long as it fits
the format.

Rodney Blackwell wrote:

> Mark Lyon" <mark@marklyon.org> wrote in message
> news:3B54FF06.8F595FF9@marklyon.org
>
> That is the good thing about radio, it is the freedom. Even hosts
> of shows that are local don’t have to deal with scripted
> productions and 5 producers telling them what they are and aren’t
> going to do. They sink or swim on their own.
>
> Actually, local hosts still are kinda told what to do by their
> program manager/station directors. But as far as daily content
> goes, they have a much larger free reign on talk radio than on FM.
>
> BTW, Rush has the largest radio audience of any program in any
> format (including music).
>
> I suppose that makes him the coolest guy in the world then.
>
> –
> Rodney Blackwell - site owner/administrator

>
> http://T-ShirtCountdown.com http://TalkT-Shirts.com/
> http://ihateclowns.com/ http://NewT-Shirts.com/
> http://DomainJunkies.com/ http://EmailSources.com/
> http://SellYourLogo.com/ http://JackAssMail.com

>
> Make 50¢ an hour surfing the web! Get-paid-to-surf is back!
> http://www.spedia.net/cgi-bin/tz.cgi?run=show_svc&fl=8&vid= 633282
>

Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii

<!doctype html public “-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en”> <html>
<body bgcolor="#FFFFFF"> Yes, they do have constraints. But, if they
excercise their control properly, they can pretty much do what they want
as long as it fits the format.
<p>Rodney Blackwell wrote: <blockquote TYPE=CITE><style></style> Mark
Lyon" <<a href=“mailto:mark@marklyon.org”>mark@marklyon.org</a>>
wrote in message <a href=“news:3B54FF06.8F595FF9@marklyon.org”>news:3B-
54FF06.8F595FF9@marklyon.org</a>… <blockquote dir=ltr
style=“PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px;
BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px”>That is the good
thing about radio, it is the freedom. Even hosts of shows that
are local don’t have to deal with scripted productions and 5 producers
telling them what they are and aren’t going to do. They sink or
swim on their own.
<q><font face=“Arial”><font size=-1>Actually, local hosts still are kinda
told what to do by their program manager/station directors. But as far
as daily content goes, they have a much larger free reign on talk radio
than on FM.</font></font>
<r>BTW, Rush has the largest radio audience of any program in any format
(including music).
<s>I suppose that makes him the coolest guy in the world then.
<t>–
<br>Rodney Blackwell - site owner/administrator

<br><a href=“http://T-ShirtCountdown.com”>http://T-ShirtCountdown.com</a>-
<a
href=“http://TalkT-Shirts.com/”>http://TalkT-Shirts.com/</a> <br><a href=-
http://ihateclowns.com/”>http://ihateclowns.com/</a> &n-
bsp; <a
href=“http://NewT-Shirts.com/”>http://NewT-Shirts.com/</a> <br><a href=“h-
ttp://DomainJunkies.com/”>http://DomainJunkies.com/</a> -
<a
href=“http://EmailSources.com/”>http://EmailSources.com/</a> <br><a href=-
http://SellYourLogo.com/”>http://SellYourLogo.com/</a> -
<a
href=“http://JackAssMail.com”>http://JackAssMail.com</a>

<br>Make 50¢ an hour surfing the web! Get-paid-to-surf is back!
<br><a href=“http://www.spedia.net/cgi-bin/tz.cgi?run=show_svc&fl=8&vid=2-
633282”>http://www.spedia.net/cgi-bin/tz.cgi?run=show_svc&fl=8&vi-
d=2633282</a></blockquote> </blockquote>

</body> </html

The only part of this entire conversation that I have any disagreement
with is Dan Rather being given as an example of a pretty face or
eye-candy.

Nothing personal intended against anyone here or Mr. Rather. :slight_smile:

Going back to lurking and getting more coffee this morning… Margie

“Mark Lyon” <mark@marklyon.org> wrote in message
news:3B54DED4.447ECDE1@marklyon.org
> His audience is quite large, much larger than many TV programs. As such,
he is
> being paid for his listeners, a group on which he has a tighter
> hold than
a TV
> personality does. TV talent are simply eye-candy where as on the radio
medium
> one must put together a coherent thought on the fly, which many of the
pretty
> faces of TV (see Dan Rather) cannot.

Well, I’ll admit Rush does a great job of making an ass of himself.

Mark Lyon wrote:
>
> His audience is quite large, much larger than many TV programs. As such,
> he is being paid for his listeners, a group on which he has a tighter
> hold than a TV personality does. TV talent are simply eye-candy where as
> on the radio medium one must put together a coherent thought on the fly,
> which many of the pretty faces of TV (see Dan Rather) cannot.
>
> JD wrote:
>
> > Rush Limbaugh - the self appointed Christ of the Ultra Right of the
> > reptiles (Republicans) just renewed his on the air contract for 9
> > figures and 9 years (as just reported on CNN).
> >
> > I didn’t know anyone was actually listening to this creep anymore, but
> > 9 figures for a radio show host?
> >
> > Morten Downey Jr. is rolling is his grave . . .
> >
> > Howard Stern should get 1 Billion on his contract renewal.
> >
> > –
> > JD
> >
> > “Of course that’s just my opinion, I could be wrong . . .” Dennis
> > Miller
> >
> > —


Jay Tierney – jay@jaytierney.com

http://www.bannerbum.com - Banner Ad Design http://www.moovees.com -
Movies meet Cows http://www.jaytierney.com - shameless self promoting web
site yet to be developed…

Where did you read/hear this? I’ve read several reports that say Howard
Stern’s show has the largest syndicated audience. Maybe his ratings
have dropped?

Mark Lyon wrote:
>
> BTW, Rush has the largest radio audience of any program in any format
> (including music).


Jay Tierney – jay@jaytierney.com

http://www.bannerbum.com - Banner Ad Design http://www.moovees.com -
Movies meet Cows http://www.jaytierney.com - shameless self promoting web
site yet to be developed…

Bad Example. I apologize for that.

“M. Hoskins” wrote:

> The only part of this entire conversation that I have any disagreement
> with is Dan Rather being given as an example of a pretty face or
> eye-candy.
>
> Nothing personal intended against anyone here or Mr. Rather. :slight_smile:
>
> Going back to lurking and getting more coffee this morning… Margie
>
> “Mark Lyon” <mark@marklyon.org> wrote in message
> news:3B54DED4.447ECDE1@marklyon.org
> > His audience is quite large, much larger than many TV programs.
> > As such,
> he is
> > being paid for his listeners, a group on which he has a tighter
> > hold than
> a TV
> > personality does. TV talent are simply eye-candy where as on the radio
> medium
> > one must put together a coherent thought on the fly, which many of the
> pretty
> > faces of TV (see Dan Rather) cannot.

At times, you are more right than you may give yourself credit for. :slight_smile:

Jay Tierney wrote:

> Well, I’ll admit Rush does a great job of making an ass of himself.
>
> Mark Lyon wrote:
> >
> > His audience is quite large, much larger than many TV programs. As
> > such, he is being paid for his listeners, a group on which he has a
> > tighter hold than a TV personality does. TV talent are simply
> > eye-candy where as on the radio medium one must put together a
> > coherent thought on the fly, which many of the pretty faces of TV (see
> > Dan Rather) cannot.
> >
> > JD wrote:
> >
> > > Rush Limbaugh - the self appointed Christ of the Ultra Right of the
> > > reptiles (Republicans) just renewed his on the air contract for 9
> > > figures and 9 years (as just reported on CNN).
> > >
> > > I didn’t know anyone was actually listening to this creep anymore,
> > > but 9 figures for a radio show host?
> > >
> > > Morten Downey Jr. is rolling is his grave . . .
> > >
> > > Howard Stern should get 1 Billion on his contract renewal.
> > >
> > > –
> > > JD
> > >
> > > “Of course that’s just my opinion, I could be wrong . . .” Dennis
> > > Miller
> > >
> > > —
>
> –
> Jay Tierney – jay@jaytierney.com

> http://www.bannerbum.com - Banner Ad Design http://www.moovees.com -
> Movies meet Cows http://www.jaytierney.com - shameless self promoting
> web site yet to be developed…

Stern’s ratings are dying. Rush kills everyone in the >= 3hr programs.

Jay Tierney wrote:

> Where did you read/hear this? I’ve read several reports that say Howard
> Stern’s show has the largest syndicated audience. Maybe his ratings have
> dropped?
>
> Mark Lyon wrote:
> >
> > BTW, Rush has the largest radio audience of any program in any format
> > (including music).
>
> –
> Jay Tierney – jay@jaytierney.com

> http://www.bannerbum.com - Banner Ad Design http://www.moovees.com -
> Movies meet Cows http://www.jaytierney.com - shameless self promoting
> web site yet to be developed…

“Mark Lyon” <mark@marklyon.org> wrote in message
news:3B54DED4.447ECDE1@marklyon.org
> His audience is quite large, much larger than many TV programs. As such,
he is
> being paid for his listeners, a group on which he has a tighter
> hold than
a TV
> personality does. TV talent are simply eye-candy where as on the radio
medium
> one must put together a coherent thought on the fly, which many of the
pretty
> faces of TV (see Dan Rather) cannot.

That is the biggest line of horseshit you have ever posted in MHA Mark,
Limbaugh is a comedian who plays to the lowest common denominators of his
target audience (rednecks who as is traditional in the US exhibit a strong
anti-intelligence bigotry, and that is Limbaugh’s big drawing card). He is
with out question the most unethical media figure in the US, he has no
moral integrity and will stoop to anything to keep his ratings high.

Comparing him to Walter Cronkite, David Brinkley, Dan Rather, Barbara
Walters, O’Reily, Cookie Roberts, and the other network news people is
like comparing the late night hosts like Letterman to news people. When
you feel no need to report the facts honestly without bias your a news
person when you don’t your a talk show host trying to be funny which is
simply not a valid comparison.

Gary Stein