Level Six and Level Ten Mounts?

I’m working on getting through the skill levels, and I hope to pass level ten eventually. (Although with things like the backward pirouette and the transition to side ride, that’s a long ways away.) In any case, I like to keep track of how many skills I still have to learn. I’m trying to put together a list of mounts for levels six and ten. My understanding is that all the mounts must be significantly different, and that all the mounts for level seven and up must be into something besides regular riding or idling. So I’m wondering if most level testers would consider these lists of mounts (which I can already do somewhat regularly) acceptable? Also, is there any record of what mounts the riders who have passed level ten used?
Level Six:

1. Standard Mount
  2. Side Mount
  3. Jump Mount
  4. Reverse Mount
  5. Free Jump Mount
  6. Pick up Mount
    (Other possiblities would be a rolling mount, or one of the ones into something besides riding)
    Level Ten:
  7. 180 spin Jump Mount to Wheel Walk
  8. Side Jump Mount to Wheel Walk
  9. Reverse Mount to Wheel Walk (without using the pedals)
  10. Freemount to Backward Wheel Walk (again without using the pedals)
  11. Pick up Mount to Seat in Front
  12. Kick up Mount to Seat in Back (not exactly a standard kick up, more like the pick up mount, except in back, and with the foot)
  13. Side Mount to One-footed Idling
  14. Rolling Mount to One-footed Riding
  15. Climbing Mount to Wheel Walk (climb into the hopping on wheel postition, then twist and wheel walk without hopping)
  16. Jump Mount to Hopping on the Wheel
    If those are acceptable, I only have three more level ten skills to learn.:slight_smile:

I’m also working on skill levels at the moment, but I didn’t think the higher level mounts had to be into something other than normal riding or idling. Look at the skill level videos on www.unicyclist.org and the video of ten different mounts. If thats correct then passing 10 mounts is much easier than it would be your way.

If you want to use those ones you suggested I cant see there being a problem though.

Good luck with the other skills.

Just to make this clear, you only need one new mount for each skill level, right? So if you can do a total of ten different mounts, then you have completed all ten levels, with respect to the mounts, instead of having to learn (1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+10=) 55 different mounts, right?

The first half of your message seems consistent with what i’m expecting, but i’m not sure why there is a list of 10 new mount for Level 10. Are you using a different Levels list than the one on unicycling.org, or are you just giving possibilities for mounts that you could use for the final 4 levels (7-10)?

I am following the USA requirements, which are different from the IUF ones, in several respects, such as the special rule for the level 7+ mounts and the transition to side ride. http://www.unicycling.org/usa/levels/ Here it is says “For Level 7 and above, riders must mount to a skill other than riding or a standard idle. An exception may be made if the mount is difficult (example: 360 spin side jump mount). While the ending skill may be repeated, the mounts all have to be different. Examples: Jump mount to one-foot idle, kick up mount to wheel walk, or rolling mount to one-foot leg extended.”

Re: Level Six and Level Ten Mounts?

I’m currently working on level 10 and test a couple times a week. I almost passed on Tuesday (got sideways ww and sideride down, but then screwed up on coasting!!!). Anyways, here’s the mounts I’m using;

1. regular mount to ww
  2. reverse mount to ww
  3. jump mount to ww
  4. side mount to ww
  5. pick up seat to seat in front
  6. hop on wheel mount
  7. stand up ww mount
  8. crank idle mount
  9. kickup mount to ww
  10. cross over mount
    or (11.) kickup mount to seat on side riding (hard to describe)
    Hopefully I’ll pass it within a week and be the 9th level 10 in the world!!

As for your mounts, lets see.

Level Six:

1. Standard Mount

2. Side Mount

3. Jump Mount

4. Reverse Mount

5. Free Jump Mount
    *Don’t know for sure if this counts since you are already doing a jump mount?? I’d suggest the rolling mount instead since I think it’s easier and you don’t have a chance of hurting yourself…The other ones are good.

6. Pick up Mount
    (Other possiblities would be a rolling mount, or one of the ones into something besides riding)

And for 10:
Level Ten:

1. 180 spin Jump Mount to Wheel Walk
    Just do regular jump mount, no need to do 180. But if you do, you have to make sure that you jump before you start to spin the uni, sometimes making it hard to tell if you did a true 180 free jump mount. Or did you mean that you spin the uni? I’d just stick with the regular jump mount to ww.
  2. Side Jump Mount to Wheel Walk
    Good.
  3. Reverse Mount to Wheel Walk (without using the pedals)
    Good, but to make it easier you can use one pedal as long as you start ww right after using it.
  4. Freemount to Backward Wheel Walk (again without using the pedals)
    Don’t quite understand this one?? Is it a reverse mount?
  5. Pick up Mount to Seat in Front
    Good.
  6. Kick up Mount to Seat in Back (not exactly a standard kick up, more like the pick up mount, except in back, and with the foot)
    Think this one was my number 11 mount except I go into seat on side?!
  7. Side Mount to One-footed Idling
    Don’t think this would count since you are already doing a side mount. I think the rules state that you have to do a different kind of mount, even though you’re doing a different trick out of it. But I’m not 100percent sure on this…I’m sure John Foss will know.
  8. Rolling Mount to One-footed Riding
    Good, but make sure the wheel does not stop at all even in the slightest bit for a split second.
  9. Climbing Mount to Wheel Walk (climb into the hopping on wheel postition, then twist and wheel walk without hopping)
    Don’t know but would probably be good.
  10. Jump Mount to Hopping on the Wheel
    Just called a hopping on wheel mount.

Good luck and hope I helped some.

Keep up the work on level ten! :slight_smile: I can do some of the stuff, like sideways wheel walk and coasting, (though not nearly 100%) so I have some idea what you’re up against.

1. 180 spin jump to ww. I just invented this last night. (although it’s probably been done before.) You stand behind the unicycle, jump, spin the unicycle 180 degrees, land with one foot on the wheel, and ww out of it. I would do a regular jump mount, but that would preclude number 10.
  2. Why would I want to use the pedals? It’s more fun the other way, and I don’t think it’s much harder.
  3. For this one, I stand behind the unicycle with the seat between my legs, put a foot on the wheel, jump up (or swing up), and start wwing backward.
  4. This is the only side mount on the list. The side jump mount to ww is quite different- I don’t use the pedals, I just jump from the side over the seat and land wwing.

How is a regular mount to ww done? Do you use the pedals at all, or do you just position the seat and jump up?

Yes, you use one pedal and then start wwalking. Your mounts sound good, just trying to tell ya that you don’t have to make some of them so hard, but you can if you want. Good luck and maybe you’ll be the 10th level 10?!

maybe we’ll have to have a race jsm, because i’m going to try and be the 10th level 10 : ) lets see who can get it first!
lindsey

You best be gettin your butt in gear and start testing at every practice then UniPrincess!!!

i’ll probably pass before you unicycle6869 since you now have no motivation to pass…

We’ll see…

we will see

You’ll definitely both beat me. I still have to learn:

1. Seat on side to the left
  2. Pirouette
  3. Backward spin
  4. Backward pirouette (scary!)
  5. Backward one-footed left foot
  6. Backward one-footed figure 8
  7. Wheel walk one-footed with left foot in circle
  8. Side ride
  9. Seat in front one-footed with seat well extended
    The backward pirouette seems the most daunting at the moment. Also, I have to get consistency, which is probably 3/4 of the work involved. I’ll keep practicing, though.:slight_smile:

Ya, don’t blame you on that backwards piroutte. I’d say it’s the toughest out of any skill level trick. It took me about 8 years to get and pass level 9, but I wasn’t practicing it a lot cause it made me dizzy and I hated practicing it. So don’t mean to scare you but it’ll definitley take a lot of time to learn. BUt it will and can be done so the best of luck to you!!