Let me introduce - unibag! :)

Really nice + cool! :slight_smile: I like the inner pockets and the two handles on each side of the zipper.

Best regards,
Sanne

Transport bags

I got these bags made for my 36 and 29 so I didn’t have to strip them for traveling. I pack my clothes around them for padding, it works great :slight_smile:

I think I will do the same on my way back.

My next version is going to take 2 road unis in 1 bag with big straps and a wooden base for rolling through airports

Are you using guitar stands to stand them up? Great idea! I have a couple old cheap guitar stands in the garage that I don’t use, I think I’ll see if I can “re-purpose” them.
Thanks.

lol… no, they are just propped against the couch :slight_smile:

lol that’s hilarious.

That bag is great. Congrats to your skilful mother :slight_smile:

It looks totally marketable to me. My advice would be get in touch with a manufacturer pronto, in consultation with them refine the design (don’t forget confidentiality contract), while working out financing options for the new venture. Good luck!

Do you know Mgy pack unicycle bags??

The first bunch of bas was simmilar, the main difference is that with Mgy you dont have to put away the pedals.

The second buch came with two straps to carry like a regular bag, one strap for each shoulder.

Something like this:

more info: Muni bag {Australia}

I would love to see someone producing bags again!! But please go for the two straps option (this way you can climb a mountain with the uni in your back, and then… rock and roll).

About two straps bag - it is good when you have only one bag. But if you already wear backpack and want to carry unicycle one strap is good option. Anyway - two straps is good option.

Question to users :slight_smile: Do you think which option will be better:
1 - pedals must be removed before putting uni in bag (saving lots of space and does not pushing in back)
2 - remove only one pedal (on the side touching back)
3 - pedals should stay on uni

pedals off… its takes around 2 minutes to take pedals off/on and having the pedals stick out would risk damage to the pedals and make the bag less comfy to wear. If you have to take one pedal off, you have the spanner out so why not take off both.

Pedals off ftw!

If you do this a lot, like commuting or something, you could also use folding pedals. I use these to make my 36’r fit into my small trunk (with the rear seat folded down). They aren’t the greatest pedals in the world, but I pinned them, so they aren’t bad, and folding them out and in is way quicker than taking them off, which is what I was doing before. (I ride every day at work, either before or after, so it’s a daily thing.)

Yes, we could use those. We now have 6 unis, a 1 ton van, and 9 children. This equates into the need to stow them on the “Back Porch” of the van. (For some reason they want to take their uni’s everywhere…:slight_smile: The bags could allow them to ride on the van porch. It is a slide in deal to the receiver hitch. But, we don’t want the uni’s to get dirty. But, in the bags? Maybe.

HMMMM

Folding pedals

Can I ask where you get folding pedals?
Would like to try some out.

Best Regards,

Mark

I’ve never heard of folding pedals, but there are QR ones available online.

Folding Pedals:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-9-16-Mountain-Bike-Road-Hybrid-Folding-Pedals-Resin-Outer-and-Alloy-Center-/130708983409

Wow, I wonder how tough they are.

We came back from our trip! Unibag showed itself just awesome!
On the way back It travelled as luggage in plane. Uni was packed in bag with two sleeping bags (one on the each side of the uni), slackline set with some round slings + clothes.*
Total weight of the bag was 15kg.*
Next version will have two shoulder slings, reinforced bottom part and reinforced buckle for fixing uni inside of the bag. All the rest just perfect :sunglasses:

About pedals will be the same - they must be removed. I carried small spanner and this is fine (plus two zip bags for pedals).
Folding pedals are good for touring (36" for example). They installed on my mother’s bike and does not looks very stiff.

Those are the ones I have. They are available from a number of on-line vendors, and are relatively cheap. The bodies are plastic, with metal axles and folding mechanism. Folding and un-folding is quick and easy.

As far as durability goes, it’s too early to tell. I certainly would not recommend doing anything beyond simply “spinning the cranks” with them. I got them purely for the convenience of not needing to remove pedals to put the uni in my trunk (which is what I was doing before).

The plastic body made it easy (more-or-less) to drill small holes and insert set screws for pins. (3/32" drill, 4-40 x 1/2" set screw) The plastic is fairly soft, so the screws just screw in.