'Leash' for BC wheels?

Well, I mean more like moving traffic. But parked cars too…

I don’t think it would ever come up high enough to hit you in the head. But it did jerk and hit me in the calf.

Thanks for all your help, as usual, in BC threads. The leash idea is something you only need if you’re worried about the wheel shooting out into traffic, hurting someone or damaging stuff around you. If you’re not worried about denting a car you don’t need one. A leash is for people who do worry about such thing. Even then, I don’t think anyone was recommending the idea as something to use all the time.

I would gladly buy a new bc wheel than break a wrist.

If somebody put their mind to it, they could come up with something on the idea of ski brakes. Years ago our skis were tethered to our ankles and every so often there would be a runaway ski, flying down the mountain, a lethal weapon. Kind of like a runaway BC wheel.

It would be bad if your runaway wheel got destroyed, worse if it dented someones car, but what happens when it hits someone especially a small child.

tie a loose knot aroung your neck, (hey its away from your feet!!!)

It’s a good idea. Cars annihilate BC wheels, I’ve seen it happen… it’s ugly. You can feel the wheel’s pain when it happens. CARNAGE!!!

Just use toe clips on your BC, thats what I do it never gets away from you that way. I think its the best solution to the problem and you can hop way higher because the wheel is attached to your feet.

Personaly, I like no attatchment between me and my wheel, Ifcat, i built my plates so i can very easily bail off without much injury.

i’m currently making a bc wheeland am not too sure on how far to have the foot plates below the axle. It’s a 26" wheel, how far down should i go? thanks

i rekon a good 4-5" will do

Tom, you’re the one making the bc wheel with me, and you said 3" today, i would prefer help from someone else

yea that was for aa 20" we were talkign a bout the one were building now is a 26" so we can make it lower

oh my god, we were never planning on making a 20" BC wheel

i was