Learning to ride on a Coker - the saga continues

An excellent approach!

I just tell them that they can’t ride my coker unless they return it to me with the seat at the same height I had it at. Hence all the moans about how low the seat is :slight_smile: .

Jayne

Once you’ve done that with one of the smaller wheels, measure the distance from the top of the seat to the lowest pedal and set the Coker to the same. The distance is set by your leg length + seat squish, most of the things on the unicycle will not be part of the equation. Yes, the crank length, wheel size, post, and seat thickness are all in there but the distance is the same for your body and the seat squish is going to be about the same - unless you have a really thick seat on one and not the other.

Because they don’t do that kind of thing in public? Or they don’t think they’re good enough for you? Or they know about your martial arts trophies? Or they know your very jealous significant other will be back soon?:wink:

YUP, that’s the problem. I have an airseat on the coker but the 24 has one of those “optional” seats. You know the type - they’re so uncomfortable you wonder why they even bothered.

These people (other than my brother) unicycle and juggle in public, and Dave in particular poineered the whole lie on the floor to check the seat height thing. I doubt embarassment is holding them back.

I have no idea of the answer to this question but what’s that got to do with helping me get the seat height right anyway?

If they know about them I wish they’d tell me where they are as I’ve never seen them.

That would probably be my 4YO daughter who gets left at home on my club nights ;).

Jayne