latest on one wheel is out!

And now for something completely different…

I (finally) just got the September 2002 OOW and as always it is a banner day when it arrives. I have yet to read it in its entirety, but have these three thoughts:

1. NAUCC - 35 Results / 25 for TCUC & 9 for PPDT for a total of 97% to 2 teams.
    UNICON - 48 Results / 13 for TCUC & 3 for PPDT for a total of 33% to 2 teams.

Man, we need some more competition in this sport.

1. Lars Clausen (Ok this will not make me popular)
    Incredible ride and frankly a selfless/generous and undoubtedly loving man. But why would people with 12,000
    years of culture and tradition need Lutheranism? The http://www.onewheel.org website says:

“How will the Lutheran tradition be of service in this region where ancient and recent histories have met and produced dramatic changes? These are questions that are difficult and perhaps impossible to answer.”

Difficult and impossible to answer? Ok, but if you're looking for $5,000,000 at least give it a shot.
  1. Back page: MUni on a giraffe. Perhaps this was mentioned here before and so I was sub-consciously influenced,
    but I swear that after a couple of days out riding my giraffe I was wondering when someone was going to try
    this. My hat is off to Scot Cooper!

Raphael (shooting his mouth off, but at least his spelling is good) Lasar
Matawan, NJ

Re: latest on one wheel is out!

Is there a caption under the picture of me? If so what does it say? Thanks,

Dylan

It’s a pic of the first big drop on rat pac, quoted as : “Dylan Wallinger flies off a jump on the ratpac trail.” it goes on to talk about how fun rides are great.

Re: latest on one wheel is out!

>It’s a pic of the first big drop on rat pac, quoted as : “Dylan
>Wallinger flies off a jump on the ratpac trail.” it goes on to talk
>about how fun rides are great.

Thanx Max, heh, a jump. I think it’s funny how people call them either jumps or
drop-offs, when all they really are, are drops. That’s still cool that my name
was spelt correctly and everything.

Dylan

Re: And now for something completely different…

I’m in the process of reading One Wheel - Many Spokes: USA by Unicycle, by Lars Clausen.

Boy did I shoot my mouth off here. I’m only 30 pages in, but it’s pretty clear that I did a bit of prejudging in this post.

For what it’s worth and on the off chance Lars or any of his associates, friends, family read this, I offer my apologies.

I’d also recommend this book as cross among Robert M Pirsig (the book jacket refers to his Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance), William Least Heat-Moon (Blue Highways, PrairyErth - although with way less verbiage), and the unevil-twin of Bill Bryson (The Lost Continent).

So far I’m tremendously moved and he hasn’t even left Washington state.

Cheers,
Raphael Lasar
Matawan, NJ

Ryan,

You are already a member of the Unicycling Society of America. You have to be to go to NAUCC, which you did last year. Haven’t you gotten any On One Wheels yet? You should have at least one or two since last year.

In any case, you being the hardcore you are, you’re going to be wanting to get a complete set of back issues. Learn the history of unicycling in North America since the early 70s! I don’t know how you go about ordering one of those these days. They were getting ready to toss out most of the old back-issues, so act fast. Start by asking Tom Daniels I guess.

For more info on the USA: www.unicycling.org/usa/

John, you just responded to a year and eight month old post. I knew I should have started a new thread. :slight_smile:

Raphael Lasar
Matawan, NJ