Largest Wheel Possible

I’ve been riding about 2 months

The last couple weeks on a 36. It’s flat here in south Florida. I don’t have any trouble at all. I would say the 36 can go about twice the distance with the same effort as my 24.
I plan to keep trying to convince everyone we need to convince someone to make an air 42 “. I am 5’ 9 " and the 36 is to small. I love it, but I am sure a 42 would be even more fun. I like the hight and it makes everyone smile. A geared uni only has speed. A 42 has show and go. Gotta have that big wheel.
I’m not sure crying to Kriss or UDC will do any good. I am curious how many tubes and tires would need to be sold to justify the cost of the production molds. To weld up a bigger frame is simple. I am sure that UDC would make one if they had a tire to put on it. I’m a bit surprised that we have 2 36” tires on the market. That is a hopeful sign. Perhaps I should get motivated and write to Coker and TA, see what they say.
I don’t really see it as a safety issue. I’m sure my life would be short if I drove my motorcycles around everywhere at top speed. I don’t think I will feel compelled to break my neck on a 42 either.
For anyone that rides in areas like mine, flat and low traffic, I say the 36 is the best we got.

you can just glue/melt/somehow seal a couple of inner tubes together and do the same with a couple of street tires. the harder part would be the rim. (:

Someone needs to make a 48" wheel and then I would buy it. And for those saftey issues pointed out comon im 15 im supposed to take risks.

Why make when you can buy it???

Semcycle
http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=598

RBR
http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=85

or this

Ive seen a 54 incher

homemade!

does 50 percent get to help?

If you want, why not. :smiley: :smiley:

That ultimate wheel is a 36".

Yep, and as far as I know, the largest ultimate wheel out. Well, there’s two of these made so far. =p

Therefore, being the biggest wheel in its category, it fits this thread.

I cant afford a 600 dollar unicycle, and the other one looks like crap, not very comfortable to ride

Do you want a UW or unicycle??? :thinking:

Unicycle the UW guy is just bragging about his creation because its cool

That would be me, wouldn’t it??? :smiley:

42" is way to small…49!

I used a wrong calculation when I figured I wanted a 42. My inseam was 30". I figured 6" for crank and 2" for seat left 22". 22 x 2 was 44. Everyone knows 44 is a deadly number, so I said 42.
Very scientific , yet wrong. I think because of the way we sit or something.
Now for the true answer. Drinking beer with a friend we hit a point of high intelligence. " You ride that thing now", Alex said, gesturing at my 36. “Figuring out the biggest possible is easy!, whats the matter with you ! We don’t live in one of those small intellectual counties ! "
With that Alex grabbed a tape measure. He measured the distance from the axle to the seat base. “Twenty six inches”, he declared.
So times 2 that means I NEED (this is America !) a 52 " wheel. Minus a bit for for the frame and wheel clearance. Plus I have sobered up now, and 50 sounds to small.
So I say the wheel size I must now cry for is 49 “. If you have to ask why, I bet you don’t own a Harley either. O. K., neither do I, light is right.
But since I am 5’ 9” with regular legs, I say 49” is the sweet spot for this market. It’s not really just about speed. You know you want one !:smiley:

Well…:smiley:
http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=85

Luckily for you there is already a pneumatic 49" tyre in production, just need an appropriate rim and a John wayne stance.

WOW that tire would be really hard to pedal and is probably realy heavy

Haha.

Talk about some hardcore Muni!

LOL HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ROFL!!! HAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHahahahahah :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: hahahahahah ROFL!!!

That would be a heavy tire, 1 of my lady friends has a 51" monster. But that was a project unicycle though. Except it doesn’t have a monster truck tyre like that. :smiley: