Landed the Suicide mount last night...

those of u paying close attention will no doubt recall that last week i regalled u with tales of landing the kick-up mount in pretty much the dead of night after all the club people had gone home
last night was then the first opportunity i had to dazzle with my recently aquired up-kicking brilliance
and dazzle i dutifully did
untill some smart-ass (on seeing me perform this miracle of modern unicycling for the gasp! third time) wanted to know what i was going to do next
a fair enquiry i’m sure most of u will agree alltho my fellow short-term glory-baskers will know that there is a time and a place for these questions
because jagur mentioned the suicide-mount in response to my kick-up thread last week, i said ‘the suicide mount’ and gave a brief description
i should have my head examined
next comment from my intelligently-posteriored friend?
‘show us!’

i landed it on my third try
:stuck_out_tongue:

question
i’ve done quite a bit of free-hand hopping and will start skipping rope as soon as i get hold of a skipping rope
i used this advanced clenching ability in the suicide mount and landed with the seat clenched between my things
a couple of inches from the DMZ
is this an acceptable version of this mount or is testicular flattening an integral part of this mount?

i’m now in need of suggestions of other mounts i should try my newfound mounting abilities on
your contributions will be well appreciated

congrats! i have the suicide down but need to work on the kick-up, i think its much harder.

in other good news, i stuck a 180 suicide mount today. it is interesting how much more frightening it is to suicide mount while the uni is spinning beneath you.

• Sal

ok, i’ll bite
do u spin the uni
then jump
and then hope for the best?
any tips on this one?

I start the spin, let go and jump, then land. Practice spinning a few times to get it down, then go for it. It isn’t that tricky, just more frightening.

• Sal

Re: Landed the Suicide mount last night…

I would suppose that lower sadle poition would make the suicide easyer- ergo less inclination to crash the crotch rocket. Humm… are you suggesting that you are weighting the sadle before landing the pedals??

As to other mounts: if you’ve got the kick up, then you probably are well on your way to kick-up-to-seat-drag. The side mount with multiple orbits is nifty, and not particularly difficult, with high crowed appeal.

-Christopher

> kick-up-to-seat-drag.
riding with the saddle on the floor?
half-way to ultimate wheeling??

>The side mount with multiple orbits is nifty
multiple orbits of the leg around the saddle?

>I would suppose that lower sadle poition would make the suicide easyer- ergo less inclination to crash the crotch rocket. Humm… are you suggesting that you are weighting the sadle before landing the pedals??

my saddle position isn’t low at all
some people belive it is too high
(with heel on pedal, my leg isn’t locked - just)
saying i caught the saddle a couple of inches away is misleading
it’s maybe and inch below
as close to the same time as my feet land as i can get it

thanx for the input

Ya, I find this happens all too often unplanned -might as well make it look good!

Side mount is fairly straight forward (heh), and only really comes into it’s own when you circle the sadle multiple times. Many spectators don’t relise there is anything unusual about a regular side mount. Heck, some cyclists miss it!

Didn’t know that was her quote… spent some interesting afternoons with Ms. Nin in my youth…

-Christopher

I don’t believe it. If you had really landed a suicide mount you would be writing in a high voice like this.

Namaste, again, Dave.

Re: Landed the Suicide mount last night…

On Fri, 1 Nov 2002 08:52:17 -0600, GILD
<GILD.dg2eb@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote:

>> kick-up-to-seat-drag.
>riding with the saddle on the floor?
>half-way to ultimate wheeling??

I can’t do any of those but I’ve heard saying that seat dragging is
actually more difficult than UW. So: not 0.5 way but 1.5 way.

Klaas Bil

I posted only a single copy of this message.

yeah

I do the suicide sometimes around people and of course they always ask " Doesnt that hurt your balls?"( They ask this question regardless of what im doing on it)Thens that follows with a 20 minute explanation of how i land on the cranks, not the seat, therefore it does not rack me.