Kris Holm seat

Does anyone know when the new kris holm / Velo saddles will be for sale? and what will be done to attach them to the seat post and what kind of seat post???
thanks

ugh

1. For i think must be the hundreth time, NOBODY knows anything! All we know is that it will be out sometime in the fall. The only people who know are Norco and Kris Holm.

2. As Jagur once said, do a little more reading, and a little less posting, so some people do not have to hear that question again.

scott:o

There is a search feature in this forum take a gander there. I don’t want to be a jerk, but this question is posted like twice per week. I’m sure we will all be told the instant the information is available. I am psyched about it too, but Christmas doesn’t come sooner if you ask about it.
-gauss

A little birdie told me that it may be available sometime in december. That was just a ROUGH estimate, but it was a pretty reliable birdie.
-David Kaplan

I sent Kris Holm and e-mail and he told me all this stuff would be on the new Norco MUni and a possible release date/price:

The Norcos got delayed for various reasons but will be shipped in about 3 weeks. There’s some issues with whose going to distribute them though- you might have to go through Unicycle.com even though Norco is based out of Vancouver (Norco has some strict policies regarding sales to internet retailers vs. regular shops), so they may not be available until closer to
Christmas. Ultimately this part of the business is not under my control, unfortunately. The price should be pretty good though, less than $500 CAN.

Basically, it will have a really good CrMo frame like the current KH20 and KH24 frames at Unicycle.com, an Alex DX32 rim, Duro 3" tire, splined hub (not the Profile, another one), the new Velo seat, and the 24" will be set up for a brake although it will not come with one.

I hope this helps for those of you who are wondering.

I just got a little to add to what rammstein said.(Cool nick, btw…)

There will be three new Norco Unicycles:

KH20- KH20 frame, Monty tire, Alex rim, Velo seat, but with steel hub/cranks.(I’m guess the same that were on the current non-mountain Norco Unicycle. Retail $319 CDN.

KH20 Pro- Same frame, etc, but with a splined hub/cranks. Retail about $450 CDN.

KH24 Mountain- KH24 frame, with Magura mounts, but with no brakes included. Retail about $550 CDN.

Note the prices are what I heard for Bike shops, not for the Internet.

Oooh, boy, I’m excited. I’m thinking of getting the KH24 Mountain. Are you going to get that one, rammstein?

I have no idea how long it will take for the parts to be available separately. With the other Norco Unicycles, I’ve found that parts are available a couple months later or so.

next week-end in Las Vegas is the big Interbike trade show.both Norco and Velo will have booths (so ive been told)

everybody sould go to their local shop and tell the person thats going to specifically stop by and ask those booths about the “unicycle happenings”

i have been to this show before,its where all the wholesalers try to sell to the retailers so the very mention of the word unicycle can only help to spead the word and help us customers.

Re: Kris Holm seat

Also mention that they should go to see John Drummond who is also there!

Roger

The UK’s Unicycle Source

----- Original Message -----
Newsgroups: rec.sport.unicycling
To: <rsu@unicycling.org>
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2002 7:06 AM
Subject: Re: Kris Holm seat

>
> next week-end in Las Vegas is the big Interbike trade show.both Norco
> and Velo will have booths (so ive been told)
>
> everybody sould go to their local shop and tell the person thats going
> to specifically stop by and ask those booths about the “unicycle
> happenings”
>
> i have been to this show before,its where all the wholesalers try to
> sell to the retailers so the very mention of the word unicycle can only
> help to spead the word and help us customers.
>
>
>
>
> –
> jagur - Random Member
>
> 667,the neighbor of the beast…
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> jagur’s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/502
> View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/20694
>
>

> rec.sport.unicycling mailing list -
www.unicycling.org/mailman/listinfo/rsu
>
>

Re: Kris Holm seat

> A little birdie told me that it may be available sometime in December.
> That was just a ROUGH estimate, but it was a pretty reliable birdie.
> -David Kaplan

Just in time for Christmas, he CCd to his girlfriend. :wink:

yes! now i don’t have to spend 600 bucks on proflie splinted hub!

I probably will get the KH-24, but I don’t know if I want to spend that much yet. I just snapped my pedal in half on my Norco 20" off a 20" drop and the other part of my uni have been falling apart as well, so I don’t know if Norco is the best brand to be going with. I probably just need a tougher uni though because I’m using a street uni to do everything that I can see. :frowning: Another thing that bothers me is the price, I don’t currently have a job, and I don’t want to spend $500+ on a uni and have it break within a month. :angry: