Kris Holm Saddle.

ride more. you’ll get used to it. maybe get a gb4 seatpost. they’re tilted a bit more than standard towards the back. helps keep weight on your butt, not your naughty bits. but the chafing should go away with mroe practice. and stop wearing blue jeans, at least for the time being.

ooh the comfort…the luxury…ahhhh…

think that gets my point acoss :wink:

god. this is the most comfortable seat i have ever ridden on. i learned the “bicycle mount” ( at least the one that you put your left foot on left pedal, and swing right foot around front of the seat and onto the pedal…) on it and i had no problem with seat thickness “hurting my fingers.” I’d definately reccomend it.

It feels awesome, But its built like crap, they break really easy. So id say make a carbon kh and youl be all set.

well, i’d have to say… i agree with Evan sorta… they’re made a bit too much of plastic… so i’d say ima gonna beef it up a wee bit by doing that mod that’s out there somewhere to keep the bolts from ripping the plastic.

no, not that, the bases are weak as butter, they fold crazily easy.

well, then in that case, you’d need a plasma cutter, some strong metal, a drill press, and a shoelace.

No, just carbon fiber.

We already have carbon fiber seat bases. UDC has a carbon fiber base that is shaped like the KH base. The problem is that you have to dismantle the seat and do the work to get the carbon fiber base installed in it yourself.

The problem is that there are no stock seats with a carbon fiber base. They’re all custom made seats. They’re also more expensive than the stock seats but cheaper in the long run if you’re going to be breaking the stock seats.

A) i wasn’t serious about the shoelace if you couldn’t tell already, and
B) i can’t afford carbon fiber.

also, i have an off-topic question about this. is there any way to home-modify a KH fusion seat for an airseat? i mean like use a 12" innertube or something?
just checking for the sake of saving money.

I made a kh airseat a while ago, look in my gallery for pics
l
l
l
/

If you have a fusion saddle it’s really easy to cut hte foam to prefered thickness, making it weight less, but most of all, easyer to hold when jumping seat out.

i dont know what it is it may be a fluke on my part… but im not really impressed with the KH… it just as hard as my seat that came with my Sun… but theres just more padding… the softness isnt changed at all… although i tried my friends DX seat and i find it to be much softer… who knows maybe im just weird

Chase

no, your not nuts.

KH seats seem to vary in hardness but the DX seat is way softer than any KH seat ive ever rode or squeezed.

Woot, first post!

KH seats have gone through a few generations. The latest and greatest is the Fusion, which is a bit softer then previous models and has an improved handle which is a big step up in comfort. Also, (attn: mess14951) a Seat Post Bracket can allow you to adjust the forward/backward angle of your seat, which can make any seat a lot comfier.

All my Unis have KH seats and I’ve never had any problem with them. As you can tell, I’m a fan :sunglasses:

JamesG

the base on kh saddles SUCKS id say go for a viscount and put a kh handle on it… or if u have money well carbon-fiber if really good

I’d reccommend the KH, i broke my original KH after around 3 years hard riding, bought the KH fusion and it’s even better, more comfortable handle, more durable cover, stronger base, I think it’s going to be along time before i break this one. Also you can trim the foam if you want on the fusion, to make it lighter or thinner, because the cover is replaceable. Saddle comfort isn’t always about softness, the fusion does feel slightly softer due to the use of memorey foam and is a little more comfortable than the Standard, and the handle is a great improvement, the old one gave me blisters.

i LOVE the handle on my KH fusion. it is so frigging great.