Kris Holm Coker frame

I was looking on Unicycle.com and found this. I hadn’t seen anything posted on here about it before. http://tinyurl.com/8wcp

Nikki

Re: Kris Holm Coker frame

nikkifrog wrote:
> I was looking on Unicycle.com and found this. I hadn’t seen anything
> posted on here about it before. http://tinyurl.com/8wcp
>
> Nikki

How cool is that?! Thanks, Nikki!

Success is goals.
–Lloyd Conant

wow, that’s expensive, and they d’ont even have a picture!:frowning:
i’m sure it looks pretty cool though!

-Ryan

Re: Kris Holm Coker frame

I have one now and it looks awesome. Will put up some pictures once I build
it up and take it for a spin.

—Nathan

“nikkifrog” <nikkifrog.lfn6c@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote in message
news:nikkifrog.lfn6c@timelimit.unicyclist.com
>
> I was looking on Unicycle.com and found this. I hadn’t seen anything
> posted on here about it before. http://tinyurl.com/8wcp
>
> Nikki

Seems like not that long ago, about 11 months, that Kris and I were talking about a KH 36.

Anyone interested in a slightly used unibago which has 4,000+ miles on the frame and maybe 1,300 on the Airfoil rim ? See attached.

Attached what?

Seems like not that long ago, about 11 months, that Kris and I were talking about a KH 36.

Anyone interested in a slightly used unibago which has 4,000+ miles on the frame and maybe 1,300 on the Airfoil rim ? See attached.

Anyone interested in a slightly used unibago which has 4,000+ miles on the frame and maybe 1,300 on the Airfoil rim ? Will sell frame with Miyata bearing holders or trade for KH36. Recommend next owner be approx. 5’8" since this has been customized. You can own an original which has been ridden in six countries.

umm what exactly is a unibago? a coker?

i’m confused

i’m also Ryan.

it’s his coker with a big seatpost mounted bike style bag on the back so he can put bunches of stuff in.

I know I’m late on this but wow that’s way expensive ,too rich for my blood,it’s cool but I think 2 bucks for brake bosses and a 50 cent brazing will do the same job for a brake ,the crown ,well are people doing tricks on Cokers ?do you really need a flat crown.
If it was 250 canadian maybe 589 us hahahaha

Tim

Does anyone actually use maguras on a coker? Is there some way to set them up to be a drag brake, or do you just use them like a brake on a muni when cokering offroad?

I don’t really see what the fuss is about, you’re talking $589 for a pretty bog standard looking frame. Given there’s nothing functionally wrong with standard coker frames, you’re basically paying lots of money for a powdercoat, some brake bosses and the fact your unicycle says Kris Holm on it. The airfoil rim, now that is cool, because it actual makes a real improvement, the kh seat is the best thing to happen for cokering in a while, a seat that is good for distance but doesn’t get flats, but I can’t really see this frame doing anything other than giving people pose value.

Joe

I suppose you could use the pad wear adjuster dial as a drag brake; that might be pretty nice, actually. David Stockton uses Maguras on his Coker.

$589… wow. I was planning on making a Coker frame this summer for myself, perhaps I will make a few extra. Drop me an email if you would be interested in one (for a lot less money). They’ll have machined bearing holders, brake bosses of some kind, and a chromoly frame.

That adjuster works well but takes too many rotations to be a good drag brake. Perhaps someone with the skills could change the pitch of the threads. I use it as a regular brake and it does fine. I like the fine control you have over brake pressure for rough roads.

i’ve never used a brake on a unicycle, so in a very real sense i am talkin’ out me a$$. that said, the idea of a V-brake on a coker scares me. my understanding of the maguras is i can at the very least pretend like i have some control over the brake…
as far as the frame, i see nowhere on the frame that it says kris holm’s name. just a stealth black frame. i wish it came in the obnoxious orange the cheaper trials uni comes in. that is a great colour. what’s stealth about a unicycle? the way i see it, puttin’ a $300 wheelset on a $3 frame is as pointless as you feel buyin’ such a bloody expensive frame would be. don’t get me wrong, you’ve still a very valid point.
i’ve one o’ the yuni frames an’ it is every bit a $40 frame. i’ve no great expectations from it, it was cheap, an’ cheap is all it is. it’s a great mass produced frame simply ‘cause it holds the seat to the wheel an’ it’s cheap. it’s also crap, but it does it’s job. i can’t stand the bearin’ holders. they work, but the ones on me hunter are soooooooooo much nicer. it’s fricken expensive for the KH, but i’d rather pay out the a$$ for somethin’ that has hopefully some quality to it than the current crop of mostly crap we get to buy because we are such a small market.
hmmmmmmm, i’m hardly eloquent, but i’ve tried. have a good day, i need some more tea…
doc

Here’s a pic (I hope)

handle assembly from left side (small).jpg

I don’t find the standard Coker frame to be adequate. For me it’s too flexy and doesn’t have enough tire clearance. The tire rubs the frame every time I climb hard. I hate that frame.

The KH frame is a little overkill for a Coker, but you’d have a very stiff frame that will never give you problems. Stiff frames are nice when you’re climbing.

Magura brakes wouldn’t be the best choice for road riding because I don’t see how they could be used as a drag brake. The Magura brakes are more suited for off-road style riding where you need control over the brake. Perhaps these people are planning on off-roading with the Cokers.

My ideal Coker frame would fit a wide hub (I’m getting a widened hub made) and have mountings for both a v-brake and a Magura brake. The v-brake would be used when I want a drag brake. The Magura would get put on the uni only when I wanted a brake I can activate more actively. And the frame legs would be stiff so the frame doesn’t flex as I climb. It would also be nice if it ended up costing less than the KH36.

i wonder about the flexy ness of that frame?

the stock Coker frame is cheap but it still has a much stiffer unicrown on it.

the KH has that plate gussut thing on the back but will that be enough for those long legs? maybe bob the builder sould put the gusset on the back and the front.

Paul’s making me a frame for the wider hub. I too have had the flex problems with the stock frame; the wheel rubs on the brake pads during climbs and idling. I know it’s not the wheel because I built the wheel as noted elsewhere. Hopefully the new frame will solve all my problems and I can live a blissful, carefree life.

The stock frame, though, is pretty strong and good for many types of riding.

kh Coker frame=589x1.45=854.05 canadian plus all the shipping back and forth It’s made in canada only available in the us ,thAT’S CRAZY.figures eh
ah hell ,my sis bought a flyfishing rod for 900 used.that’s more crazy.
Does kh even ride a Coker ??Is the flat sloping crown for a reason?
I’m sorry I just can’t see why it’s so pricey ??Must be a typo in the ad on unicycle .com??

Tim

:astonished: