Koxx? Onza or Quax? Very confused!

Yeh, I’m deciding between the two. I’m a little wary of the Koxx Devil, there were some design errors with the hub or the cranks. Definately ask around before you put your money anywhere. And tell me if you hear anything!

andeakcuzz@hotmail.com

-Andy

I would go for the Koxx over the Onza myself.

But if your worried about it, the Onza can probally do just about everything the Koxx can…

onza all the way

Yeh probably. Have you seen the Koxx videos? Amazing!
www.koxx-one.com
Why would you go for the Koxx over the Onza? What uni do you own?

Thanks
-Andy

I was in the same dilema and got the Onza, it does have the Kh/Onza crankset. The only difference betwene the onza and Kh is the rim and frame, otherwise they are more or less identical. The Koxx is lighter than the Onza, but not by too much, but the crank design is radically different and doesn’t have as much Q-factor as i like (the amount the cranks bend away from the wheel). Also, it seems theres been problems with the crank pedal interface, the pedals come lose continually or strip their threads occasionaly, but i think this has been sorted now. The Onza is completely solid and trustworthy, I don’t think the Koxx is worth the extra cash.

Well I have a Qu-Ax. They are very sturdy and I’m happy with it, but both the Koxx and Onza are better.

I dont know why, just because the Koxx is lighter, has an ISIS hub, and after seeing what Yoggi and even Xavier do to it, I wouldn’t worry about breaking anything on it.

koxx is NOT lighter… gosh ! haha

It’s lighter than the Onza, but not the KH.

oups yea sry… plz dont kill me… I thought the onza and the kh were the same tho…

Yeh Dave, the Onza does look very solid and the Koxx seems to have a history of problems.

Roger from Unicycle.com even said that the KH/Onza hub design was stronger than the Koxx. If anyone’s opinions are worth paying special attention to, it’s his!

-Andy

FORGOT to mention:
Even unicycle.uk.com says that they recommend buying another seatpost to use for trials to replace the Koxx steatpost. That’s just another pain. How many more of them would appear if I bought one?

Is the onza lighter then the nimbus trials?

Hmm, I guess Kris Holm knows what he’s doing more than french bike trial company’s do…

The Onza is 6kg and the Nimbus Trials 5.7kg.

Why is KH so famous? I’ve got “Enter the Thunderdragon”, and he’s great in that, but on the web his make is legend!

I have no opinon on which one is better than the other one but I just want to read truth about Koxx One :
Yoggi wanted to make his own unicycles (studied mechanics and business for that) and decided to enter into partnership with Koxx, the Bike trial company.
They created a new company “Koxx One”, dedicated to the uni. So Yoggi makes the uni and Koxx helps with its experience and some of the products they make for the bikes. (like rims)

I would prefer a onza 20" with koxx seat. I have tried the koxx and the onza, but I think that is the best! :slight_smile:

I’ve been using the NEW Koxx cranks for two month now… no more problem with pedals coming loose. I never heard about hub/cranks interface troubles (and many french riders use the devil)
And there’s also a new stronger seat-post… haven’t broken it yet but these kind of things may take time (I broke 2 old-style seat posts, not on huge tricks/drops… they were just tired… i’ll tell you if the new one is as lazy as the older ones).
IMHO, The only “weak” part of the “new” version is the rim… I guess you have to choose between lightness and strength for that part.

Does anyone know anything about the Koxx seat? The KH seat on my nimbus is great and fat but it gives me nasty sores on my legs after a few hours.

The koxx seat looks smaller, how padded is it?

Also, what are the pedals like for the Onza?

Thanks loads everyone, this is really helping me get an idea of them both.
-Andy

I don’t know if you’ve seen a udc gel seat, but having seen both, the Koxx seat appears to be exactly the same as the Unicycle.com gel seat, except for the logo and the price.

Joe