Koxx 32h ISIS hubs...

how come you’re “not currently riding?”

Because I’m at home sitting in my chair on a computer. :stuck_out_tongue:

Complicated… but pretty much I got grounded for the summer from my dad. The whole situation I find very stupid; what I did I don’t think was that bad, and he overreacted way too much.

That’d be awesome if you could get some shots.

Apparently so, regarding the 6061 bodies. I would like confirmation.

Is there any online site with info/pics of the new Koxx wheels?

Here are some pictures. If you want more I can get some on monday. Just tell me more of what you want them of. I didn’t get any pictures of this, but on the other side of the hub there is the isis drive logo (not sure if makes it official or something) and under it says 32 Holes.

Looks sweet!

Can you possibly measure how wide the flanges are apart? Also, are the bearings the same unit used on the KH hubs? I know for a fact the older Koxx hubs used a shim between the bearing inner race and the spindle.

I’d like to know 'cos if these are the same 1-piece bearing dimension as the KH ones, it means I can run KH’s 40mm bearings on 'em. :slight_smile:

About 5.65cm measured from the exterior (not the center).
And the bearings do look very, very similar to the KH ones I have.

I used to ride a Koxx-one wheel in a KH frame, so it should be the same size of bearings.

totally missing the point there

it’s the inner diameter of the bearing that’s being talked about, not the standard OD which is 42mm.

i noticed the koxx old hubs had funny bearings which needed a shim jammed between the inner race and the spindle surface.

I really dislike my 32 hole rim, it got so messed up so fast…

^
i’ll never go 32. i thought about it once, but only cause i have a 48 hole nimbus hub and they don’t make 48 hole rims anymore… cept for quax i guess. i was mad when they did away with 48 spoke.

I’m taking a gamble with the ISIS 32 hubs. For several little little reasons it might not work out well with my frame.

My absolute last resort is to phone up Profile and ask them to make me a 32h hub. For me, 32h rims are easy and cheap to get a hold of, whereas if I want 36h like a KH… it’ll set me back a lot

Is there any site anywhere (aside from the non-working K1 site) that has info or more detailed specs of the new 32h ISIS hubs? I wonder if the ‘light’ version is done in 32h too?

In those pictures was the silver frame a EB frame or what?

Nope, that’s it’s own brand frame.

What dp you mean by that he made it or what?

Did you want to know the diameter of the flange or the distance between flange to flange?
After reading the “Profile Racing 48-Spline Hub” thread I’m confused. I gave you from flange to flange.

No clue on where to get details on the hub. You may want to try emailing one of the distributer. They could at least get the weight.

Koxx hubs have weird bearings. The 40mm KH ones won’t work!

The inner diameter is slightly different. Ask roger he knows the different sizes because he told me when I bought replacement ones.

Obviously they are 42mm normal OD so they fit in all normal frames.

I know what you mean, I had a Koxx hub once. The original reinforced one. Back when the hub had a funny ISIS size the bearing used a shim between the inner race and the spindle surface.

I am hoping now that the ‘new’ Koxx hubs have been amended to be real ISIS, the KH bearings should fit.

Unless you’re on about the new hubs being totally buggered too. From pics, it seems there is no shim between the bearing and spindle. Looks just like a normal 42x22 bearing?

Thats what it looks like to me when comparing it too my KH ones, no shim. But I haven’t taken off my cranks on my K1 hub to look at them more closely.

are you able to read the model-code on the rubber shield of the bearing? If it matches the KH bearing’s code, then it should be the same 42x22 bearing