Kooka vs. Profile

Which cranks are the strongest? Kooka, or Profile. I have heard great things about them both, but have never seen or heard of them being directly compared. Any thoughts?

DV vs Marvel?

Look out reader: we’re fix’n to have the mother of all arguments: “Who would win a fight between Bat-Man and Superman?” :wink:

-C

Superman easy! He’s got lazer vision, Super Strenght, Can Fly, is really really fast, and that wind breath he does. I mean batman has the cool gadgits and stuff but he is still human. Superman would kick his ass.

I like my Kookas, but I can’t afford Profiles. I think the advantage with the profiles is the hub rather than the cranks. I would think the Kookas would have a smaller chance of breaking than the profiles but that’s a superficial judgement based on quantity of material surrounding the axle. I think in Universe there’s footage of Kris Holm breaking one of his Profile crank armsand it shows how little material there is. But then you get into metals strength, application, manufacture, tolerances, hardness, etc…
:astonished:

i belive i heard that the cranks in the universe video aren’t ordinary profile, i seem to remember hearing that they were longer cranks that had been cut down, because it was not posible to get the right length or something,

even if the kookas were stronger than the profile cranks, its accademic because a suzue hub would break before the forces involved were enough for it to become an issue.

the question realy comes down to:
king suzue VS profilezilla,

and i don’t think theres much debate on that subject,

a more interesting debate would be

profile vs onza vs whatever the new norcos have.

hi,

wrong you are. The Profile cranks were around then sure, but not the hubs. He was running DM cranks and hubs on his uni’s back then. If you were to look through all of the threads, i’m sure you’d find the one from several months ago, where he said he’d never broked a pair of Profiles, or even bent them for that matter, and he’d been riding on them for a few months…He did say he has destroyed DM crank arms, due to rust forming on the welds.

Now as far as the quantity of the material around the axle, this shouldn’t matter. In BMX there is a company called Solid Bikes. They have some of the most bomproof stuff on the market. They have these cranks for freestyle BMX, that are the strongest on the market…stronger than that of Profile, and Primo. There’s barely any metal around the axle, and yet they hold up to the toughest of abuse, and remember that BMX riders don’t “roll out of drops” like unicyclists.

hope that helps a bit.

Ev

Does any one else hear Yoda? “Wrong you are, Strong are the Profiles.”

-C

this is a subject that also interests me as the kookas are cheaper i believe. I would like to here more comments on both cranks. And it’s simple, Batman would win. All he has to do is push supermans wheelchair over.

“doohh!” Homer

Superman is able to leap tall buildings in a single bound,he can not fly!He simply jumps real far.

oops, my bad:o
As far as the Kookas go I love them.
Batman beats Superman.

Oh well. I just hate it when a good post gets hijacked.

But for the record, if superman and batman fought, comic book shop keepers would win. “Worst episode ever!”

Re: Kooka vs. Profile

>*Superman is able to leap tall buildings in a single bound,he can not
>fly!He simply jumps real far.

Superman’s powers have sort of, well, evolved since he was created back in the,
when was it, the 1930’s? Originally nothing short of a bursting shell could
penetrate his flesh; nowadays he’ll grab the shell and swallow it to contain
the blast. Unless Batman had a load of Kryptonite available, he would stand
little chance against today’s Superman. Supey could swoop down with superspeed,
grab the whole batmobile and fling it into the sun before Batso could even flip
his visor down. The Batster does have a cooler secret life, being a billionaire
playboy and all. But that wouldn’t help him in a fight. In a desperate attempt
to stay on topic, I also have to give the Man Of Steel the edge in a MUni or
trials competition, though defying gravity is probably cheating.

More debatable is:
Wonder Woman, or Xena Warrior Princess?

• Joe

Re: Re: Kooka vs. Profile

the invisable jet should settle that debate…

as for the crank topic,its worth noteing that the Profile cranks are $99 and the Kooka’s are $129.

P.S.Green lantern could take both those fools

Kris’ muni back then was using a homebrew hub. I don’t know what cranks he was using. I doubt they were Profile cranks. In any event, it doesn’t really matter cause nobody’s gonna build a similar hub and crankset now that Profiles and other commercial options are available.

Comparing the Kookas to the Profiles is a bit silly, because with the Kookas the standard size square taper hub is the weak link. With the Kookas the crank may never break, but you’re going to break hubs. If the standard Profile cranks are not strong enough for you, you can get their dirt jumper cranks which are stronger (and heavier) than their standard race cranks.

john_childs

> Look out reader: we’re fix’n to have the mother of all arguments: “Who
> would win a fight between Bat-Man and Superman?” :wink:

That’s come up in the comics a couple of times: Superman gets his ass handed
to him. Brains beat brawn.

> Now as far as the quantity of the material around the axle, this
> shouldn’t matter. In BMX there is a company called Solid Bikes. They
> have some of the most bombproof stuff on the market. They have these
> cranks for freestyle BMX, that are the strongest on the
> market…stronger than that of Profile, and Primo. There’s barely
> any metal around the axle, and yet they hold up to the toughest of
> abuse, and remember that BMX riders don’t “roll out of drops” like
> unicyclists.

Of course, BMXers tend to be delicate little things, not clumsy* 240#+
lifters.

• It’s the evil kind of clumsy, too, where when something goes badly wrong I
    don’t get hurt, but anyone around me is in deep… deepness.

> More debatable is:
> Wonder Woman, or Xena Warrior Princess?

Well, one of them swats bullets out the air with her bracers…