Kona jackshit or primo super tenderizers?

which are better?
jackshits are cheaper £19.00 vrs primo’s @ £25

I haven’t been all that impressed with the Konas. The pins have started to fall out and the require more maintenance than other pedals from what I’ve seen. Do those other ones have ChroMoly spindles? Because my Konas (like all my pedals) have started to bend. Looks like I’m going to have ot spend some real money on pedals.

Andrew

What maintenance do you do on pedals?

And by what I’ve read the Primos are better.

Where does the name Tenderizer come from? Because when I hear that name, all I can think about, are my shins being tenderized.

David

yeah, that’s pretty much the idea.

The Konas will do that to you too - http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32452&highlight=injury (note: see pic at bottom of first page…that’s the clean version in the afternoon, it happened in the morning).

Open them up, clean them out, regrease them, put them back together.

Andrew

OK well i don’t think i right as hard as you andrew the kona’s are much cheaper and seem to have a better flat form the primo’s seem much smaller i prefer big platforms my self i might go for the konas i don’t mind maintenance my self it gives me something to do!I think i might get them next month and use them for muni until i kill the trials ones.
Ben

Yeah, sorry I only mentioned the negative points. The Konas do have a really nice platform in my opinion and are very grippy which I think is a good thing. They are nice pedals.

I would suggest looking at Odyssey Twisted Pro’s before you rush into the Konas though. I found them to be just as strong as the Konas and I like the feel of them even more. Plus over here in Australia they cost literally half as much and I prefer them. As I mentioned in another thread, they have really nice pins that are screwed in from the other side so you can always easily remove them and they don’t fall out as easily. I think it makes much more sense that way. There are two versions of them - one with and one without ChroMoly spindles and sealed bearings I believe. Have a look at them though.

Andrew