Knee pain - a possible solution

reference to ‘COLD’

Not the silly weather out side necessarily lol

Internal Cold Wind Heat damp ect inside your body and joints.

I used to get arthritis, lose flexibility, take days to recover muscle soreness, suffer faituge and cramps. Anyone else get any of these happen??

Im under 30yo and this really if fit and healthy should have never been an issue for me.

COLD in regards to the Knee is it caught a chill (for example) possibly even over a long time not just a one off. Riding your warm and these joints and sweaty area and cooking which is great. working fine pumping out head for energy and sweating out toxins from the body, building blood, oxygenating every thing best as possible got give what your needing to ride.

My understanding is normally afterward… or during if its wet raining sweaty or windy. After the body stops using the muscles, because we are tired sore or finished a ride. You cool down right? Joints such as sweat areas and particularly the elbows for wind, elements can enter the body ( arrording to Chinese medicine belief) and over come/ over balance harmony. Affecting pressure points, blood, Chi (Qi) ect ect ect

A chill from a western view also can mean muscles will get tight and lack of blood to the area off the top of my head. Thats the same thing really those too i think.

All this is happening while your CORE TEMP is fine. Your not cold, you feel great! warm and snug or little hot because it was a great ride or long trek.

Meanwhile nasties entered your body beyond what it can deal with.

I got off my bike after a short dash at twilight one night. outside Temp drops about 5pm here depending on season. Next day sore, next day cant walk. Got carried to my Acupuncturist.

Sore as hell, i could assisted hobble out and bare sitting in the car to go home to lay down. 3 days later, bit sore but no more than getting off the couch after watching Despicable me.

Reason, Chiro found in scans my lower back is excessively worn from lifting and carrying too much weight when younger… Thanks to the Australian Army for that one.

Chinese Doctor associated training Karate bare feet on cold timber floors for hours each week affect my feet of course. Floor is cold my feet go cold regardless of jumping about (core temp is not low…)

The feet if you look at acupuncture are directly related to your kidneys or something like that. Im no expert at all believe any of this or not it ok i dont mind either way.

Kidneys and located where? Close to lower back? Ok two and two.

Chill (Cold entered) my feet for years. Affecting kidneys. (that alone my contribute to kidney problems in 50 or so years time)

Bike ride, Sweaty back, Cold air outside. Lower back, Kidney area possible Chill.

Had i had a longer hotter shower than night after my ride instead of just changing my shirt and heading out for a bite to eat with mates feeling great after a nice ride i may have prevented muscles being so dame tight in my back two days later cant even sit stand or walk. Muscles go tight to prevent further injury and or lack of blood to the area. Either because it is colder than it like or your body hasnt enough blood to supply everything where its need.

Does that further explain my example of COLD BEING OVERLOOKED.
Muscle over powering others sure and snatches work everything is fine…

But look after the body more in the first place, understand it, read it and know what it needs none of this un natural stuff is required. Power Gels, Protein shakes, Red bull lol sorry i can be a bit of a hater. But its all not needed if you look after your body and try to understand it.

Its not what you do once, you will be forgiven. Consistence will breed habits and create the future you choose.

Go wear your shorts outside when its nippy because your tough and walk about in the rain. Guaranteed in time, year and years away you may never even know, Not keeping warm or listening to your body and acting accordingly just wreaked half your opportunity of a health life.

My Kidneys will still be fine, sugar levels, arthritis, allergies ect. Unigeezer is into his 50’s riding strong. I love that!!!
If you ride a Uni your already a better person so look after yourselves, ride hard and ride forever in our such a short term life. Long time dead remember.

Sorry thats long winded… bet your glad im not religious hey

Hope that helps someone. I hate pain. its good though. tells me something but hard to understand. Bleeding well that just means i totally messed up and need to try something i did again. If anyone fit any of my descriptions sorry, im good at upsetting people but i said it because i care

Just a quick comment on knee pain – sometimes something small can make a difference with your knees. I’ve been feeling some knee pains during some turning maneuvers on my Coker with stock offset cranks. I changed to a pair of straight Venture cranks (same length – 150mm), and I’m not feeling that pain now. Somehow the offset put my legs and feet in a position that easily “tweaked” my knees under certain stresses. (For some people, it might also work the opposite, so I’m just saying, maybe trying something like that may help.)

Dear Muni Tasmania,

Have you considered that your humors may be out of balance? The Greek term for it is dyscarsia, and it has a long and venerable tradition in medicine. The cold humors correspond to water and earth, and the physical signs of excess cold humors are reported to include flaccid joints, which may be related to the symptoms you have described.

As usual, you can find many more details on the internet.

Stay well.

Scott

Dyscrasia, not that im familiar appears to refer blood ailments and or disease.
To me not really attaining to Knee Injury directly but im often wrong

Dyscrasia eventuating from about 199 AD, Chinese Medicine and studies of the body and relations to the earth begun long before this period. Who knows how pressure points were first mapped. Non the less they are proven.

Funny also how Tasmania, I believe on average so i am lead to believe has by population a large portion of Knee and Hip replacements in AUS. Information from 2 nurses and a knee replacement patient locally.

Why, They guess because most the time its cold / ish here and people persist to run about in the wind, rain and cold playing foot ball, cool kids at school in winter and old guys collecting their pension on every second Thursday wearing shorts…

Like i first suggested Cold is a largely understated, overlooked cause of pain and ailment. Cut your finger and keep it on ice to heal. Only eat and drink cold consumables. Good luck to sustained good health.

China has the longest recorded history i believe and over one sixth, being the largest, population on earth by country. If they say, prove and believe cold affects the body adversely easily when its not required i will go with their lead. Makes sense to me

Keep warm if you feel cold may not do you any favors. Or dismiss my poor views of getting messages across. sorry and thanks. Amitofu