Kingston, Ontario Unicyclists CLUB!?!?

Hello everyone from Kingston and the surounding area. I was walking downtown yesterday and saw two different people riding Uni’s that I did not recognize. I also met the Phillips family at OUI and have since lost thier email address.

I was having a thought the other day that winter is coming and we should find somewhere to ride during the winter. This would be infinately easier to arrange if I knew how many people in Kingston actually rode uni’s.

I was thinking that we should form a club or association and organize and weekly ride somewhere where we can all just get together and have fun. We have a great time in Ottawa when we go and it really makes riding more fun.

Pease send me an email at russenholt_ben_sir@hotmail.com or PM me here and we can try to get something going, Thanks

I wish i was closer to Kingston…But hamilton is 4 or 5 hours away:(

im in usa but kingston is one of my favorite places in canada which has nothing to do with this thread:p

what you want to do get some business cards to put in bike stores, and call the local newspaper about your new club (even if there is only a few people in it currently) and the phone calls and emails will start coming about coming out to your club.

you can also tell them that Kingston is featured in a popular extreme unicycing DVD :slight_smile:

That is how i started unicycleing…

Checking out the juggling club would be a good start - http://kingstonjugglers.org/

Most juggling clubs I’ve been a part of have a few unicyclists as well, and if their space is big enough you may be able to just meet there.

I’ll send you Greg Phillips’ e-mail.

J

Thanks everyone, especially Jason. You are always a source of great information. Thanks again.

Now I just need a cool name and some buisiness cards and away I go.

We could just copy about a million other names and go with “Southern Ontario Unisykos”…Or you could be origional, its up to you.

I was thinking something more along the lines of, First Capital One Wheelers of FCOW. I am not sure though because maybe Kingston Unicyclists is just fine too.