Kid's 1st Video: Jugglebug Muni

This is our little girl Anna who just started 1st grade, sigh. She has really fallen in love with single-track muni… so we made her first video. Hope you enjoy it as much as our kids do. They giggle every time they watch it.

Jugglebug Muni on video.google

9/1/06: Quail Hollow State Park / Hartville, OH

that…was…AWESOME!

I can’t wait for the sequel, Jugglebug Trials

good stuff, i like the intro

I think more pro videos should have a painful fall followed by a crying run to the nearest onlooker for comforting…it’s bring out the humanity in the sport more. :slight_smile:

Seriously, though, that’s cool for such a young girl. I have an 8 month old daughter, and I’d like to try and break the world record of 18 months to learn to ride. :slight_smile:

Brilliant, great movie thanks for sharing. Anna is a great rider.

Cool, she is one tough girl. Maybe some elbow pads and wrist guards to limit the injurys. Nice job on getting her outside, playing in the outdoors, so important! Keep up the family MUni.

WOW you are loaded with unicycles!!

Yeah! And she even wears a helmet! Most kids(I know) don’t even consider doing that, I lost mine…She’s falling all over the place…and the thing is, she gets up and rides…rides some more…fall some more…scrape herself some more…keep riding…all in the same day! And she freemounts! I could barely WALK in a straight line when I was her age. And all that confidence…if I fell like that, I wouldn’t just keep riding…

Me too!

that was so cute!:slight_smile:

Re: Kid’s 1st Video: Jugglebug Muni

Cool video. Good job by Anna!

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict

“I’m slowly but surely stealing Wales and bringing it back to my house on the wheel, frame and cranks of my muni. - phil”

Great video! Anna is doing great, she’ll be a pro before she gets out of elementary school. :smiley:

Extra cute video, I can’t imagine how good she’ll be in a couple years!! Did she roll the logs? Plus, I didn’t see any blood on that elbow. Lots of fun.

She is very good, she should keep it up.

she is so cute!
and a awesome rider!

That was just fantastic…totally made my day. And it reminds me I need to get out and do a muni ride with my son this weekend. It’s been too long.

Congratulations to Anna on her great riding skills, and the great attitude of always getting back on when she falls off.

TB

Great video and great riding from Anna. I’m gonna have to show this to my twin 3 year old girls to give them some inspiration.

Thank You for all the very nice comments…

Anna’s been working for about a year with good progress, but also some skinned knees, elbows and chin. She seems to like riding her Jugglebug all the way to the ground, literally! Her elbow pads slide down so we could get some new ones. My husband would like to start our 3 year old if he can find a 12 somewhere. And the baby will be 12 months by Detroit nationals… too early???

Thank You for all the very nice comments…

Anna’s been working for about a year with good progress, but also some skinned knees, elbows and chin. She seems to like riding her Jugglebug all the way to the ground, literally! Her elbow pads slide down so we could get some new ones. My husband would like to start our 3 year old if he can find a 12 somewhere. And the baby will be 12 months by Detroit nationals… too early???

We bought two (I’m optimistic that both my 3 yr old daughters will learn to ride) Sun 12" unicycles from UDC. http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=1&subcat=2&cat=Child+Early+(approx+ages+3+-+7)&L2=Beginner+Series&L3=Child+Early+(approx+ages+3+-+7)

The biggest problem with them is that the cranks have to be very short. There is almost no room to tilt the unicycle when the pedal is in the down position. Another problem was that we had to go to a shorter seat post because our girls were still too short to reach the pedals. (We could have cut the post, but the nice folks at UDC helped us out when they were here for NAUCC 2006.) Our girls aren’t quite ready to learn yet, so we just hold them on their unicycles whenever they want to ride a little bit.

We did see a 4 year old girl riding at NAUCC 2006 and she was very impressive. She learned when she was 3 I believe.

Anna is without a doubt the coolest 6 year old I’ve ever seen.

Not only for the awesome riding, but because i don’t know many 6 year old girls who can body slam the ground like that, get up and say ow, and then start riding again…

She’s gonna be amazing if she sticks with it.

That was awesome! I really hope she keeps with it, If she does she will be the best by the end of high school. She seem very determined, keep it up!