Kickflip 3 stair

Getting the entire flip from the kick is near impossible down things, so don’t expect too much.

Thank you for helping me out with that. I came close several times and pulled out at the last second because there was not enough flip from the kick. I did come rather close to a single flip, then a kick for a second flip. Anyone think that would be cool down a set? Like a Doublekickflip or Kickdoubleflip.

I think it would be a hickflip-kickflip, a kickdoubleflip would be kicking it then it flips twice.
I want to see a hickback to kickflip, so the wheel would change directions when you kick it.

Does kickflip refer just to kicking the tire to get it to flip or does it imply the 180 unispin? In the names I just mentioned, the kickflip would just be the kick, and you can do whatever other trick into or out of it.
I guess you could also do a 1spin-kickhickflip, so you do a 180 unispin, kick the tire, then the uni keeps going to finish the 360 or do an x-up if you spin it back the other way, that would be pretty cool.

I just think that if you kick the tire to get any of the flip, it should be a kickflip. Like, if I spin a 360, but don’t kick the tire till after the first 180, I’m still going to call it a treykick or kicktrey.

So how would you separate the names for kicking then spinning 360, spinning 180-kicking-spinning 180, and spinning 360 then kicking? Would you call them all the same thing? I would call them treykick, 1spin to hickkick, and 3spin to kickflip (in that order).

Or were you referring to degrees of the crankflip and not unispin? I hope this makes sense haha.

see this is where you got to be careful… if we cant figure out the right stipulations for making it a kick trick we are just going to turn it into the foot version of the tire grab…

“oh i tapped the tire with my foot so it was actually a hickkick”

I was referring to the degrees of the unispin I think, haha. I just think that a hickflip, where the tire is kicked with the foot, should be kickflip. Then we go from there, adding onto the front. Treykickflip, fifthkickflip, x-up kickflip, late kickflip, kickfakieflip. Like that.

yeah I see where you are coming from. I think, if it flips more than 3/4 of a rev due to kick, it should be a kickflip.

This is kinda turning into a kickflip discussion thread, but here’s my two cents. I agree with Eli, more than 3/4 flip from the kick would be a kickflip. A 360 unispin kickflip should be full kickflip in the same way it’s a varial, full varial, huge varial, etc. If it’s called a hick kickflip, then a trey kickflip would make sense, but I’ve almost always just seen it called a kickflip, not a hick kickflip. If it was called a hick kickflip, a hack hick kickflip would be cool and hard to say. I would really like to see an x-up kickflip. That would look awesome! Kick backflips would be sweet, too.

Theres a thing I don’t understand about the 360 unispin kickflips. Are you thinking of spinning the uni 90, kicking and then spinning it 270, or 270 kick 90 or 180 kick 180 or something else?

the first one.

Doing a 270-kick-90 would be extreamly hard because it would need to flip fast and you are kicking with your other foot.

For this you also would need to kick with your other foot (probably) too or spin the unicycle blind.

or just kick it before you spin it.

That would involve kicking it with the other foot (at least for me)

I do kickbackflips, and jon atwell does kickfrontflip, I think. he spins the unicycle the opposite direction as me.

when i lands one in the (near) future, it is gonna be a kickback. I practiced them some days ago, and that’s the way i do them

Just keep working on them, they are hellafun:D

I’ll do. They are looking great.

i do them with a backflip to.

What do you guys consider a kickback and a regular kickflip? When you catch it as a backflip is that a regular?

Adrien catches it as a backflip
Atwell catches is as a frontflip
Eli catches it as a backflip

I consider what Atwell does a kickback, because if you think of it like a hickflip, that is what it is.

Yes, you have it.