KH24 Frame

PDC–

Yeah, I bought a frame only. I swapped out my Profile wheelset for a Large Marge for my main Muni, and planned on slotting the old onto the new KH alum. frame but so far it don’t fit.

JL

What kind of tire?

Gaz.

Hi,

I just found out about this.

The most recent shipment of KH frame were made with fork blades that are 10mm shorter than they are supposed to be.

The result is that they work just fine with the tire that is spec’d on the unicycle (the Duro), or with similar sized tires, but the frames are too short to properly fit a Gazzalodi.

I sincerely apologize for this, especially for those of you that bought a frame thinking it would fit on your Gazz. It just wasn’t caught in time, and I didn’t know because shipments go directly from the manufacturer to the distributors.

So for those of you intending to use the frame with a Duro tire or equivalent, it should work just fine. For those who ordered it thinking it could fit a Gazz, you have the option to return the frame. It’s possible that Unicycle.com still has some older frames in stock, that you could trade for.

Please send me an email directly at info@krisholm.com if you have any other questions.

Kris

I got mine from Darren Bedford, not to say that that’s the reason I got a short frame.

i got mine from Darren too. its NOT one of the shorter ones.

guess i lucked out.

i can see it being hard to notice 10mm if you have a pile of frames in to send out…im sure D already knows about this, email him and im sure he will make it right.

He didn’t a couple days ago.

Kris,
Is there a width issue also?
If you look at loosejello’s pic and mine there seems to be a pretty big width difference. He’s also using a narrower rim.

No the width is the same. But the gusset under the fork crown is curved; this means that the width clearance would be a little less if the tire was very close to the fork crown.

Kris

now this is what’s great about the unicycling world - awesome, personal service whenever something goes wrong :smiley:

Yeah thanks much Kris

i mean, im sure he knows about it now…what do you mean?

i figured it had to be somthing like that. a KH 24 frame that cant hold a Gazz tyre is going to cause mass confusion on all fronts.

i would suggest all dealers measure, mark and separate all 24" frames to avoid a living nightmare since there are probobly hundreds of shorter ones ready to flood the market.

I’ll bet you could mill down that cross spar a tad so a Gaz would fit and still not compromise strength.

JL

No way, send it back for a new one.

i bet the price on the shorter ones is going to be “milled down” :wink:

Or swapped with the 24" XC frames.
Put the undersized frame on the 24" XC unis.
Take the old large frames from the XC unis and put them on the freeride unis.

Or send them to me for free, I mean I wouldn’t complain. Even wholesale would do, haha.

Putting them on the XCs would probably work out just fine. Most people aren’t gonna put huge tires on there anyway, or they would have gotten the Freeride in the first place.

my bet is that some brown noser in Taiwan saw all that clearance over the tyre on the spec sheet and thought to himself…

"if i shorten the legs a little, we could get a few more frames made from our tube stock!"

taking that thought to the boss, he recieved much praize.

• thats my theory anyway-

I think the whole thing was an honest mistake from all parties, and Chris has been totally straightforward in his solutions, as well as Darren, who send me mine.

JL