KH Seats

Well some freestylers do crack their Miyata handles and some dislike them so much (they get in the way esp in uni-spins) that they cut them off. There could be a market for a KH freestyle saddle, maybe slimmed down a little from the current bulky version perhaps.

Tony

I have had absolutely no problems with durability of the KH seat and I much prefer it over the CF miyata airseat. It’s much more comfortable in my opinion and also less likely to rub and squish around under your bottom. I’ve had far more problems with the Roach airseat cover falling to pieces than the KH seat cover peeling off :roll_eyes:

I also like the broad seat handle for MUni riding as you can rest your entire body weight on it, whereas the Miyata handles are too small to put both hands on comfortably.

The only thing I would prefer would be allen-key style bolts on the bottom instead of nuts which round off and are hard to get at from an angle.

I’d suggest not having the round ended nuts at all and having normal bolts, as I reckon that the way people break the end of the nuts off probably doesn’t help with the spinning bolt problems.

The ultimate thing would be to have a U shaped bolt inside so there’d be no chance of the spinning problems.

The expensive cf base would be cool. I’d really like one that was pre-drilled for the handle and had rails integrated into the CF. Also, I’d like it most if it worked with the padding from the seat rather than only as an air seat as I much prefer a decent padded seat to an airseat.

Joe

The first thing I did to my KH-24 when I got it was removed the round-cap nuts and installed afew washers on each bolt and then screwed back on nuts with the nylon locking ring in them

That sounds like a good idea. I have one of these Taiwanese unbranded unicycles. It has those nyloc-nuts and washers as standard and I have had no problems with them. It looks just like that United 20" trainer sold at Unicycle.com. Only the saddle looks different and it was cheaper (100€ = about 100$).

I also just ordered a Kris Holm -saddle for this unicycle and an 24" Nimbus (Yuni) II 2003 freestyle with KH seat, which I’m going to convert into a MUni. I just bought a Gazzaloddi 24x3. That Gazza was quite hard to get hold of. I think they don’t make them anymore. At least they’re not in the catalogue anymore. Nimbus has a 48 spoke wheel so it should be quite durable for a beginner like me, I only weight 60 kg = 120-140 lbs? (guess).

I just hope that the saddle is as good as some say. Especially the “European quality model”. I’ll post some information here if I break one of those.

Re: KH Seats

On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 10:43:18 -0500, joona
<joona.uf8vo@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote:

>I just hope that the saddle is as good as some say. Especially the
>“European quality model”. I’ll post some information here if I break one
>of those.

Hey joona, I think you refer to what I posted recently. I hope you
realise that it was a joke. There should be no difference between KH
saddles sold in Europe and in the US. I’m even pretty sure that on
Mars not a single different KH seat has been sold. :slight_smile: That was
another joke even though I think it’s true.

Differences in KH seats have occurred over -time- but that’s another
story.

BTW you seem to have been sifting through quite some old threads. But
that’s OK of course, the collected wisdom in them is humongous.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict

If the crank is moving then it really sounds as if it’s loose. - onewheeldave trying to pinpoint the cause of a clicking crank

Klaas Bil wrote:

Yeah I got it. I just thought it was quite funny and I happen to live in Europe so I decided to bring the joke up. Of course there is no difference in saddles sold on different places, except for if you happen to find something special by luck

Yes the search option is quite good and I think it’s not at all a bad thing to bring these up. I’m sort of a expert-beginner. I’ve read through a lot of information though I’ve unicycled only three months. I think at least some of these topics might be good for everyone, others were just something I had to answer to, even though no-one might read them again.

You should have forked out and purchased the Gemcrest leather seat cover instead. The CF airseat combo is not cheap, but it seems to be better constructed than anything else available. If the stitching on the leather ever comes undone, I’d say it can handle being sewn back together, so it should be pretty durable.

When I joined the forum, I sifted through old threads, and replied to some. I don’t think there is any harm in doing this, as everyone deserves a fair chance to participate in the different topics. People made me aware of how the Usenet people see the forum though, and since their computer archives the posts for a certain length of time, sometimes really old threads disappear for usenet users (as far as I know). So if you are replying to a really old thread (resurrection) make sure you quote the relevant parts just in case someone misses it.

My KH saddle just broke too, I was jumping and i heard it crack really loud, I look at it, and the screws holding it to the seat post broke off. I had to use a screw driver and washer to keep using it

Sorry to reply to a somewhat old thread…

What exactly did you do to keep the saddle usable?

I broke one of my front seatpost bolts at BMW (the saddle felt loose, and when I tighted it the nut and half of the bolt came right off). I have three good bolts at the moment, so the seat still works, but I’m sure it’s only a matter of time before the remaining front bolt goes.