kh is here!! uk

the kh unicycles are here but what is better kh 24",onza 24" or the cheaper max traction

I’ve heard the Onzas are pretty good. They have more splines than the KH24, but I don’t know all the specifications of the new Onza unicycles. The KH24s are pretty good also, and since they have been upgraded to remove the knobby bit on the axle, I think any new KH24 owner should be satisfied. If possible, try the Unicycles out before buying one, maybe if you know someone who has one, or if you can make it to the shop. I think the Max traction looks good for offroad, but might not be able to handle drops as well as the splined ones since it uses a Suzue hub. Unicycles are a thing of personal preference and no one else can really make up your mind as to what you need or want. Usually the more you spend the better it gets, but lately this is not always the case since Onza and Kris Holm unicycles have been competing to bring the cost of high quality splined Unis down.

I’d have thought unless you’re in a real hurry you can ignore the Max Traction… it’s the same price as it was when I got mine a year and a half ago, and compared to splined stuff with brake mounts I don’t think it really cuts the mustard.

There doesn’t seem to be very much difference between the KH24 and the Onza. Brake mounts, seat, frames will be pretty much identical, hub and cranks you won’t break.

Tyres… I dunno what the Kenda one is like, but the KH probably gains a few points for having a 3" Duro (same as the Halo Contra, isn’t it?) where the Onza has a 2.6" Kenda. I like my 3" tyre. On the other hand, John likes his 2.6", so it’s probably moot.

The onza rim doesn’t look as nice… but the onza cranks and hub I prefer over the KH ones. Mmmm… shiny…

Me… I’d take the onza, I think. The spare £25 would probably go towards a fatter tyre. You may find you like the 2.6", of course…

Phil

Re: kh is here!! uk

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 15:05:42 -0600, phil
<phil.w12i4@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote:

>I’d have thought unless you’re in a real hurry you can ignore the Max
>Traction
Or unless you are short of cash, as the Max Traction is still cheaper.
I own one but if I’d buy a MUni today it would be splined.

> 3" Duro (same as the Halo Contra, isn’t it?)
Yes. Mine carries both names at the side.

>the Onza has a 2.6" Kenda. I like my 3" tyre. On the other hand,
>John likes his 2.6", so it’s probably moot.
Most people who know both prefer the wider tyre.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict

Grizzly bear droppings have bells in them and smell like pepper spray. - UniBrier