KH Gel Seat

UDC Gel saddle

I got one of the UDC Gel Saddles with my Qu-Ax-Coker.

It’s well comfy. On my first (long) ride on the coker I went for 12.75 miles before I had to get off to cross a busy road (I was on a canal path).

12.75 miles without getting up out of the saddle at all and I experienced zero discomfort. Absolutely nothing was sore or even uncomfortable, not even any chaffing!

I finished my ride (21.5 miles) and still had no discomfort whatsoever!

(I know that seasoned coker riders won’t thing this was a long ride but it was my first ride of it - I’m going to add 10 miles to each ride I do on it)

I reckon the saddle would be even better for seat out trials and freestyle, cos the saddle has a lower height than others similar to it (KH).

And at only £27.50 its a bargain!

Go get one!

T.

when will this seat be avalable in the us

End of July, I think… I will check with John/Amy and post later.

Roger

Hi Roger!

Can you tell us a little bit more about the base improvements??

Any other specs?

For sure this will be the saddle of the year!!

I would like to see a saddle like that with a complete keblar surface arround the saddle not just on the red part. And also a model alvailable without the unicycle.com logo ; )

I have LOTS of unis and all ofthem have holes in the cover where the cover meets the base. For example the one I have with a fusion cover has the keblar parts perfec but has also holes in the center where is no keblar.

Thanks!

Pepe, Monociclos.Com

It is something that Kris instigated along with Velo the manufacturer. The base has some additional infill on the inside just in front of the seatpost. This has always been the point of weakness in the seats. The plastic does not offer much stength in itself but it allows the reinforcing to not have the kink in it so making it a lot stronger. This will be filtering through to all the seats in time.

For sure this will be the saddle of the year!!

Things are moving forward all the time. The KH saddle with Kris doing a lot of the developments is improving all the time.

I would like to see a saddle like that with a complete keblar surface arround the saddle not just on the red part. And also a model alvailable without the unicycle.com logo ; )

This would make a very expensive saddle indeed, it would probably double the cost of the saddle. The Kevlar is stupildy expensive! If you want durable then look at the leather covers, these are the most durable covers… but you must not allow them to get too wet or dried out with heat or they fail. I have one that is used almost every day and is almost perfect after over 10 years.

Regards

Roger

What I like about the gel seat is that the padding you sit on is not as thick as the standard KH seat. With the std KH seat, I had the problem where as the seat contoured to my body I would sink to deep enough that ‘my boys’ were getting pressed by the foam. That is with bike shorts. The thinner padding of the Gel seat helps ‘my boys’ ride above the padding with less pressure.

I’ve been using the koxx-gel seat nearly every day for 2-3 months now, 20 to 90 minutes at a time. I’ve worn out a knobby tire, and the seat still looks and feels like new. I’ll try UDC version when I need another gel.