KH Fusion saddle repair (metal plate)

I posted something similar a couple of months ago, before I ripped my saddle apart to get at the problem.

Basically, I had a similar problem to Unicorn in this post:

The metal plate above the plastic seat base has snapped in half at the front carriage bolts for the seatpost. Basically, the crack goes through both of the holes for the carriage bolts, which leads to wiggling (not a lot, but enough to take confidence out of really hard muni riding) no matter how much i tighten the nuts. The metal plate, not the plastic, has the square drilled for the carriage bolts to nestle into, so looks like without a fix, this problem isn’t going away.

I don’t have access to any means of welding or other metal work, so I’m just wondering: Does anyone know about getting replacement metal plates or full seat bases for KH seats?
(plz no “Just get a carbon base”. The rest of the saddle is just fine, and I could buy a new one for that price)

My saddle is the first generation Fusion (2005?), so lace-up seat cover, super tall foam, and all that jazz.

I know you said no but getting a cf base would probably be the best thing for you. If you have broken the plate once you will just keep breaking it again and again. Im pretty sure you cant buy just the metal stifner plate so you will have to buy a new saddle or pay someone to weld your old one. Just fork out and get a cf base. The ride is much nicer, far stiffer and you will never have to worry about it again. I have them on both of my unis, totaly worth the money.

i believe municycle.com sold replacement plastic bases at one point, but im not sure now.
And sorry to say what you didn’t want, but CF bases are the best option, if you’ve broken a stiffner there isnt much point replacing it with the same thing…

+1
I replaced my stiffner twice (had an extra seat lying round) and eventually went to CF base. Go CF you’ll like it.

Somtimes the things we don’t want to hear are the things we need to hear.;):smiley: