KH Double Crown

That’s cold.

Bump
Im considering getting a double crown frame, im about 5 10 so id probably cut it down because I like my seat a little lower, I do mainly flat then street then trials. Im worried that the crown would get in the way for 180 step overs if I had the unicycle backwards for whatever reason. Does anyone have this and know if it would get in the way or if it really affects the difficulty in hopping on the tire at all? I didnt even think about tire hopping on it until I read this thread.

Does the second crown ever get in the way when doing unispins?

I’m wondering if the double crown makes more porblems than it solves?
Do the tricks it might get in the way of outweight the tricks it will help, or vice versa?

I’m a trials rider and 5’11" and I have the KH08 longneck about 4 cm above the frame ending. I actually want to raise it more but I cut the seatpost a little too short. Ideally i’d like it 6cm up.

Does it really cause problems at all?(porblems haha).

Really is there any reported problems with the DC other than a mild weight gain?

I have one and I dont think I would get in the way when tucking. The only other thing people might not like is when hopping on the tire your feet are gonna be a little wider. I haven’t really been able to ride it yet as I don’t have a working seat for it. I am probably getting a shim for it within the next week. I’ll tell you what I think afterwards tho.

I’ve been riding it a few days and you wont hit your knees on it unless you tuck really really close to the frame. It only sticks out 1-2 inches. I have hit my knee on the fame once but that was on the first crown.