Kh '08

The thing about the spokes is just that the spoke holes are more offset in the rim so make it stronger.

well the rim sounds interesting, but nothing to put me off my trial undrilled :wink:

the double crown has been around for a while spencer was riding it at wuko after his black domina broke and shaun lent it to him. It’s (if it’s the same as what I saw) a KH07 frame with two additional crowns at on the side of the seatube. Hard to explain really need a picture but i haven’t got one.

In my opinion it sucks, but well that’s just me.

this??? This discussion is going on in 2 threads:p

I think this is a joke done up in photoshop, but I could be wrong

What is the point of this?

Any news on what this frame is?

And is the trials frame like the current frame (but with a reinforced crown)???

total edit: from the other thread(one of these thread should die and continue convo in the other.:

I actually saw this at NAUCC, its pretty awesome but Its not what the new frame is going to be. They realized that the front crown made it difficult to wheel walk so I’m pretty sure the new double crown will be something different, if not just two crowns instead of three.

And whats the point? Nothing yet but there will be innovative new tricks which use it for sure.

I saw, and true one should die (i think the other cause that was originaly about when)

Also will this with a long neck be made? it would be very nice for flat.

i think this is the idea of double crown. Just my speculation though, may not be what he’s talking about. But it might be 2 crowns LIKE this, so it can reinforce the seatpost.

This kind of frame would not be good for street and trials I guess

unless its flat crown

Not sure why it wouldn’t… If it stays close enough to the tire it shouldn’t rule out the tuck. To me the extra bits seem to add weight not strength.

Yeah, But it’s lighter welding a new crown like the KH pic posted, than this system. This bsystem is probably stronger, for Muni I don’t know if it work. IN Unizaba, Nathan rode this type of frame I think.

hmm… the big question is once I get a stock 2008 KH24, how do I make it into an even better muni machine :roll_eyes:

actually, no, i think this frame, if it were made out of alum alloy, would be stronger, and lighter.

Thats a tripplecrown :wink: I saw it at WuKo, looked pretty … mmh… ugly :smiley:

Thats a fun frame. Prototype from about half a year ago.

Im glad I went to NAUCC, as I got to see pretty much all of this in person.

Any clues about what will change on the 24" and 29"? Idk 'bout the 20".

I’ll be buying a 29" and replacing significant upgrades on the 24". (Last time, significant for me meant wider rim and comfier saddle.)

Hoping for something (new post) that does away with the rail-adapter mainly (I want to shave some weight off of the 24".) . And some “crud-plugs” for the dual-hole cranks. Even better saddle is always welcome.

Im not sure what Kris will over for bigger sizes. They will most likely have the reinforced crown (look at Qu-Ax and Nimbus II for examples) option, long neck option, and the double crown as well. Though it seems silly to have a double crown on a bigger frame. But I guess well see what Kris puts out.

I wont mention anything about the posts or seats, but expect something pretty amazing (Really freaking amazing!). Not sure if that will be coming with this soon-to-be-released stuff, but they are going to be there and ill be jumping on them fast.

Crud plugs? Stick a cork in it.

The comfortability of the saddle is always gonna be hard to find the perfect mix of curve, cutout, material, foams, ect, so it may be best to mod your own saddle to fit your needs.

Jerrick: Argh, dammit… now I’m really itchin’ to find out about the new post/seat thingies. Damn you. :stuck_out_tongue:

What’s the amazing part, seat post, seat or both?

who told you this jerrick?