Kangaroo riding is hard...

today i was switching the 127mm cranks on my Unistar over to 102’s and i figured i would try mounting them kangaroo style so i could check it out.

man was that tuff,i could barley mount the thing.i had to mount directly into a one foot idle and hope for the best.i never even got a full rotation on the thing.

i had no idea it was that tuff,the 102mm cranks may have made it a little harder but i have a new respect for you kangaroo riders out there.

Re: Kangaroo riding is hard…

u mean both of them?
:stuck_out_tongue:

seriously tho, without going to poll, how many people regularly ride kangaroo?

i dont think that may people do either,and now i know why.i picked up the ultimate wheel faster than a kangaroo.

i gave up kangarooin’ as a feat for a godlike rider after about 40 minutes. i swapped one of the cranks 90 degrees an’ it only took 20 minutes to go about 40 feet. i tried again the next day an’ it only took about 5 minutes ‘til i could make it around the block. i still haven’t the patience to try the kangaroo thing again.
my record on the ultimate wheel is 3.5 revolutions. at that point i did a forward somersault an’ cut me hand. i was glad i was wearin’ wrist guards. i’da probably seriously messed up me hand. after that i quit for the eve. i still haven’t managed a full revolution since. i’ve only 26" wheels to practice on, though…
i commend you for tryin’…
doc

:roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:
so i take it that everybody here except me and dr are chicken…?

go ahead and try it,you’ll see…oh yeah,YOU’LL SEE!!!..BUDDY!

Re: Kangaroo riding is hard…

On Wed, 23 Apr 2003 11:54:18 -0500, dr garbanzo
<dr.garbanzo.mclin@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote:

>i gave up kangarooin’ as a feat for a godlike rider after about 40
>minutes. i swapped one of the cranks 90 degrees an’ it only took 20
>minutes to go about 40 feet. i tried again the next day an’ it only
>took about 5 minutes 'til i could make it around the block. i still
>haven’t the patience to try the kangaroo thing again.

Splined hubs! For a gradual transition.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict

A duck’s quack doesn’t echo and no-one knows why.