K1 unis on ebay for cheap!

How come none of them are labeleed Koxx? Keyword “Koxx” in the search brings up NO results… are these real or knock offs?

I got a Green Spirit over Christmas. I’m pretty sure it’s real. It’s got an ISIS hub, double walled rim, nice aluminum pedals, the K1 street cranks, and a nice street saddle. It’s all labeled Koxx-One. If it’s a knock off, it’s a really good knock off. Certainly worth the $195 I paid.

I’m new here …first post… and I’ve just been doing some research trying to find a great deal on my 2nd uni…I just learned how to ride My torker LX 20…and now want to try something a little different … so these Koxx’s look like a great deal…and in my research…I started to see inconsistencies…

I’m not saying these are knock-offs… but the 2 things i’ve found out … may explain why these are less expensive right now…

first off… depending on who is advertising them …some say alloy frame…and others (renegade , for instance…which gives the most detailed specs) says Cr-moly Frame…

2nd…I called the place that has these on ebay (the Koxx one track monster 24 …for 220 shipped) and asked (going by what info I saw on Renegade once again) "so it looks like the the white russian 24 does NOT have brake mounts …but the Track monster has brake mounts …can you verify this for me ? " …and the lady told me … " we contacted the manufacturer about this …cause we’ve had other people ask this same question… and it appears that the Frame is being manufactured by someone new…OR maybe even 2 different sources… and that NO…this track monster that we are selling , does NOT have brake mounts.

Well, clearly the ones that renegade is selling for 500 or whatever…has brake mounts ANd brakes .

I’m not making any assumptions… I think that maybe these are still good overall…and still use alot of the same great components…

just putting it out there…that there is something different going on with the frames…and I’m still gonna risk dropping 220 (or less if i can make the Discounts work at meijer) … but i’ll post up more later …if i come across anything else.

btw …one more of us ,one less of them …haha…I just started to get the groove of unicycling …and I just went my first 100ft. yesterday…and a bunch of 80 footers etc. after having my uni for a few years now…i never stuck with it enough to get this far…

now i think im hooked !..I’m trying to practice almost everyday.

alright …later …and I’m curious to see any other opinions or knowledge on these koxx’s at such a good price…

i bought one from mijer. had a problem with paying. i acedently bought about ten of them. but its a great uni. my seat post broke after a couple of weeks but if your a begiener that shouldnt happen. i would highly recommend one of these koxx unis.

I got mine during the meijer deals too, I absolutely love it, and it has helped me improve a LOT.

To me, the meijer deals were so good, and others had already posted that they seemed to be genuine so the deal worked perfectly for me.

I got a black domina 20" and a track monster 24", both seem to be of very good quality, they just need to be taken to a bike shop to have the wheels tuned up properly.

Meijer was selling em for like 40-80 bucks less than makais, and -20 coupons and stuff, I don’t think they’re still doing it, but you may be able to call them up and get a deal still, you never know.

What happened to Penton motorcycles ?

Perhaps the most expensive, high quality dirt bikes of the early 70’s, Penton kicked ass and won a lot of races. Then Penton disappeared, to be replaced by KTM motorcycles, that are still on tracks today. It seems John Penton ( famous racer in the 60’s) helped KTM design motorcycles, and had the exclusive rights to market KTM built motorcycles, re badged as Pentons, for many years. Then that deal expired, and the KTM factory went it’s own way.

I suspect the same thing is happening with K1 now. The Taiwan owners of the actual uni making factories have decided to go their own way.

This would be consistent with forum reports that the uni quality is K1 like, not a cheaper made fake. So it was with KTM dirt bikes. They were as good as Penton’s, because they were made in the same factory that used to make Pentons.

Some one (from the K1 team if I remember correctly), posted in one of the other threads that they were just clearing out old stock before they released the newer ones.

purchased a track monster from makais on ebay (through Buy It Now)…a couple days ago…and today got a refund and Cancelled order… due to Out of Stock…

aloha…no more a … :angry:

I got mine from meijer with no issues. I replaced the seat and the seat clamp. So I payed 160 for the track monster, then another $100 or so for the extra pieces that were needed. This is equal to the price of the nimbus 26" sale on unicycle.com right now, and if you wanted a 24" then the nimbus goes for just 30 bucks more.

So I’m guessing you were gonna pay about 40-80 bucks more on makais for the track monster in the first place, so I wouldn’t think this would be a bad deal still to still get a nimbus.

You might also check the trading post, there was a good deal on a track monster up there with a brake and everything that I saw just a bit ago.

Good luck in your muni purchase!

Here you go, it’s a killer deal. If you’re not from the area you might be able to convince em to sell for a slightly higher price or something.

thanks Dane…I PM’d him awhile back…and got no response…

I bought a Nimbus 26 muni (on sale for 270)… it’ll satisfy my needs for awhile Im sure…

thanks

From what I’ve heard, it should suit you for a long long time.

I am totally happy with mine, as is my riding pal “UPD in Utah”, and another guy I keep up with here on the community lot “tstessney”. The big Duro tire is kinda heavy, as is the tube that ships with it. But I ride on trails that have lots of ‘puncture weed’ that produces those nasty ‘goat head’ thorns, but they can’t get through! :smiley: And the really wide tire is very stable, so the extra weight comes with some nice benefits. tstessney (TS for short) and I both also have the Maxxis Hookworm road slick tire and really like it for road riding and “urban muni”. It is 2.5" instead of 3" wide, and weighs less than the Duro nobby.

Short to say, we are all really happy with our Nimbus muni’s, and I gather there are a bunch of others as well. I opted for the KH 137/165 cranks, and upgraded to the KH Freeride saddle, both of which have been good decisions.

Enjoy your N26! If you ever get out to Utah give a shout and we will arrange for a ride. :sunglasses:

haha…yes guys… I’m loving it so far… and it will keep me occupied for a very long time … it wasnt till after I’d been already riding it a little …that i read somewhere it is an “intermediate” uni or Muni…haha…and I’m definately a beginner…
just did my first 100 and 200 foot distances a couple weeks ago (on my 20)
so …you can imagine how wierd this Big heavy one feels(with long pedal strokes) …lol…I can ride it …some of the times for a hundred feet or two(it seems to tire out my legs faster than my 20)

(no REAL muni for a Loong time) I kinda chose the N26 for a few other reasons than TRUE muni… for One thing to learn on a big wheel…to be able to go longer and faster around the block etc. …and for it to be strong to last for years (It’s kinda my “outside” uni… knobbie for grass and gravel etc.) and I’m keeping my 20 set up for inside.

all I know is… freemounting is harder than my 20…and by riding this 26 a little …has made me more comfy on the 20 (making the 20 just seem a little easier)

I’m very happy and look fwd to learning to ride this thing good. I’ve gone up and down some slight inclines in grass …you guys would laugh …“baby steps”… like the “bunny slopes” haha

I won’t laugh, I’m a beginner too, and everyone had to do the same thing :wink: With the exception of the few riders that were born with a unicycle in hand haha.

Glad to see you’re enjoying your red nimbus! I loved the feeling of upgrading to my 24"

I’m thinking about getting either a green spirit or alien backflip from makais. Whats the main difference between the two? They both seem the same specs-wise on k-124.co.uk

I think the green spirit, black domina, and alien backflip are all the same, just different graphics. I think the alien backflip comes with diff pedals though. The butterfly pedals on the domina and spirit are like $100+ pedals.

from what I can tell, other than the pedals, there is a difference in that the alien backflip frame has a bit more clearance above the tire. I’m still debating whether to get the green spirit or alien backflip :confused: I like the alien backflip frame but I also like the butterfly pedals

I am trying to use the CABIN75 promo code, but when I plug it in it tells me this:

“This promo code is accepted, but another condition must be met before your savings willshow. This could be a specific payment type, shipping method, or product.”

It’s set for standard shipping, paying with visa, ordering a Domina. What do I need to change?

when i ordered my alien backflip using the cabin code, it kept giving me a weird message so i kept trying to re-order it… turns out i bought 7 of them. they ended up refunding my money but be carefull still when changing things around getting it to work.