K H 2 9

4 sleeps to go :slight_smile:

haha thats exciting.

Yeah. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas.

(btw, sorry, meant to put this in ā€œJust Conversationā€. Ooops.

I got to ride my KH29 this weekend on some coastal trails here in Cal. I have had my KH29 for about a year and a half and it is still my favorite.
Good luck

Sigh.

Still waiting. Maybe tomorrow, maybe the next day. There were, erā€¦ some delivery issues.

that sucks!

youā€™ll be carving it up on your 29er compared to your nimbus 26er

hehe. Yes, looking forward to the speed increase. (the Nimbus is a 24" btw, it just looks huge)

And also, now I can join the ranks of the army of punters trying to find the perfect 29er tyre.
(looks like the weirwolf LT 2.55 is not in Oz :frowning: )

I know how you feel, I got mine not long ago. Its a great ride. what are you going to use it for?

Have you tried looking on E-bay or something like that???

It will be mainly street use, with a bit of dirt occasionally. Nothing too hardcore. Iā€™m hoping it will be a good all rounder.

Had a pretty good sniff around the net. I thinks 29er tyres are still a bit of an unusual item in Oz. Doesnā€™t seem to be much around.

gap cycles (my local bike store) stocks 19er bikes and bicycle tubes, but im not sure abotu tyres. iā€™ll found out what they have for you next time iā€™m down there

KH-29 needs a Big Apple

Chris,

If you ride mostly on the street you will want a Big Apple. It is a great tire and it does not have a mind of its own as some tires do.

Carey

I fully agree, this tire is great, its a nice big ready to roll tire. Tho it is no good for bumpy off road.

Iā€™d like to chip in with a ā€˜me tooā€™ there for the Big Apple (Personal preference is the 2.0 inch version). Mild off-road is ok, but if it gets too muddy or lumpy then you want something with a bit more grip on it.

STM

29inch Apples and such

Yeah, maybe Iā€™ll just chuck the Apple on there. Itā€™s the old annoying problem of catering for the occasional bit of off road use. Hence all of the 29er tyre discussion I guess. I still think itā€™s worth trying to find a compromise XC tyre though. On the subject of knobby tyres used in the street, my 24x3" Gazz is driving me crazy. It really wanders to the right. Iā€™ve traced the problem to my slight scoliosis, and slightly out of alignment hips. I much prefer the 24x3" Duro. It tracked really well, even on smooth concrete. Anyone want a near new Gazz going cheap? :slight_smile:

WTB Weirwolf LT 29x2.55 in Oz

Bad News: Due to continuing, errā€¦ issues with distribution, I am still 29er-less. We are now hoping for Friday.

Good News: Cassons has the Weirwolf LT 2.55 in stock in OZ, and it will arrive on Friday.

Whoo-Hoo!!

Well, it finally arrived, and it has been my constant companion for nearly 2 weeks. Really enjoying the speed increase. Very nice machine indeed, liking it a lot. My other sadly neglected unis (including the newly assembled nimbus X24 with hookworm) are getting jealous!

I decided to chuck the Weirwolf LT2.55 on, and Iā€™m liking it so far. Running lowish pressure, about 33psi (the tyre says 35-50psi on the side wall). It does not wander all that much, and I like the large volume. Like it says, the tread is quite low, so itā€™s not a bad cross purpose tyre. As others have stated, itā€™s probably a bit light and thin for serious off road bashing though. But I can see now how difficult it will be to get a serious off road 29er uni tyre. Even though the 29er is lighter than the 24 muni, the rotational mass is higher, and I can really feel the flywheel effect. A real downhill 29er tyre would be sluggish and difficult to control I think. Hmmm.

I rode with the cranks on the 150mm setting for a week, and got a bit annoyed with the leg movement. But the 125mm setting is still a bit difficult. So I chucked on some 137mm cranks, and Iā€™m finding them to be a good compromise. Iā€™m 6ā€™2" and 80kg, so they donā€™t seem too long.

All in all, a great machine, and Iā€™m having a ball bombing around on it.

Cheers.

Kool.

Iā€™ve ha mine for around a week now and as you say itā€™s great - one thing though is the bad chafage! lol.

I was pretty jumpy waiting for my koxx 26 uni. It can sometimes suck when youā€™ve already paid for your new toy, but canā€™t use it for a week because itā€™s being shipped.