Just say no

I was riding down my street there was a car with 3 or 4 probably 16 year olds. One asked if I fell the 1st time, I said no. Then a stupid girl asked if I was one of those clown people, so I said “yeah a real joker.” (I say stupid because I was riding in mountain bike gear nothing to suggest a clown and also on a Muni). So then she asked if I do party’s, I said yeah all the time! Being a wise ass of cores. Didn’t think she was serious, she then asked if I’d do her party. I then laughed the whole time riding away. Then I heard her say I guess not sounding disappointed. I think I hurt her feelings I’m a bad man :smiley: a real joker!

“I have a sport bike, and people always ask me to do wheelies.
I don’t ride wheelies, but if I did, I wouldn’t in front of people because they’d laugh if you fell down and got messed up.
If you are successful, you’re their entertainer.
And if you aren’t, you’re a laughing stock.
No thanks, not much in it for me.”

If she was hot, you could say, you ride it, then grope her all over while you were helping her not fall from it.
[/QUOTE]

lol at that last bit. And yes I refused in a polite way and didnt say an outright no, but im tired of rude people thinking I’m obligated to ride for them.

[/QUOTE]
“I have a sport bike, and people always ask me to do wheelies.
I don’t ride wheelies, but if I did, I wouldn’t in front of people because they’d laugh if you fell down and got messed up.
If you are successful, you’re their entertainer.
And if you aren’t, you’re a laughing stock.
No thanks, not much in it for me.”

If she was hot, you could say, you ride it, then grope her all over while you were helping her not fall from it.
[/QUOTE]

lol at that last bit. And yes I refused in a polite way and didnt say an outright no, but im tired of rude people thinking I’m obligated to ride for them.

If you don’t walk your unicycles occasionally to calm then down, they will get ornery and buck when you try to mount them. :astonished:

Lol he was tired.

I’ve had a few times where guys have gotten really mad (gang related tossers) and have threatened me. Leads to me ignoring them, then moving along.

-Chris

I’ve never really turned anyone down. So I don’t know how people deal with rejection.

or also if she was hot ish, or you were desperate…

“I’ll ride it, if you ride me”

oh snap.

Yah…that wouldn’t end well.

Well, I had kinda the opposite where a lady was wondering if unicycling was good exercise and I said, “Oh, yeah!” I was surprised by her response which was, “Well, can I try?” I told her no. (I just had gotten a new uni and really didn’t want someone to damage it besides me :slight_smile: ) She was really ticked at me and made some snappy remarks. Come on lady, no way would have even been able to ride it! She did sound a little drunk and was smoking. :roll_eyes:

Then of course there’s the kids that ask me to preform a trick and I’m so tired and I really don’t want to do it but then they keep asking the question over and over, or start screaming, until I do it…

Yeah then some drunk battle axe does a face plant and wants to sue you over it. I usually try and avoid kids as well I just see a big liability. Some people I’ll let try like this chick I took on a date let her brother and law and cousin try. They did crappy reminds me of when I first tried to get on not that long ago. But I’m afraid of dropping it and breaking my brake lever.

theres 2 outcomes, one bad, the other extremely good!

While checking my uni at the airport the guy said he wouldn’t charge me if I rode it for him. I said “no”. Mainly because I had the cranks and seatpost off and it was in a box.

Wheelwalk? :stuck_out_tongue:

Often times, when i’m just walking my uni, people ask “Can you ride that thing?”, and I tell them that I can’t. It’s funny, they usually believe me and ask no questions about why I would have it if i couldn’t ride it, and I have to tell them that I was just kidding.

It somehow seems strange to me that people even ask me if I can ride it, if I’m just walking it. I would have thought that it would be reasonable to assume that anyone that walks some form of wheeled device intended for humans to ride on it in an area that isn’t good for riding would be able to ride whatever the wheeled device was. I guess that’s not always true.

Maybe they think you’re a newbie in the process of learning how to ride it.
Not everyone that has owned a uni has mastered it.
Just like not everyone that buys exercise equipment to lose weight actually loses weight.