just got my koxx red devil this morning

Hey!

my parents gave me my koxx red devil a day before my birthday… god bless them… LOL

its sooo cool. Assembly went well, although damn that seatpost is hard to shove in, i took some of the grease that was on the pedal and shoved it on the shim to put it through… i didnt know they had a shim on koxx devil frames… but that would be obvious since the tubing is 31mm and the seatpost is 27mm… uhm…

Nothing to complain about, it so much better than my beginner uni with the onza sticky fingers… the seat is actually amazing, my old one had a std KH seat, (not fusion) and this really thin koxx one, with the same Velo 500 base was actually more comfortable!

maybe the only things i’ve noticed is that the pedals dont spin as much as the wellgo ones i had on my other uni, but maybe with abit of use, they will get better not that it matter much…

Also… i was dissapointed to see i got a BLACK seatpost clamp and not a red one… LOL (i dont really care LOL), also i didnt get the koxx1 stickers on my frame but “devil” stickers… again i dont really care… and they actually look better… maybe thye should change the pic on UDC though…

Well apart form those unimportant details, the tyre is amazing, and the rim is so wide it hardly bends… however i’m getting these white marks when i jump on the sidewall of the tyre, is that normal? just cause its new or cause my pressure is too low?

the cranks are really well made, although nto flat liek the moment cranks, but thats not much of a problem…

Anyways i’m extremely gla dwiht my koxx red devil uni… and i’d recomend it to anyone wanting to do trials

as I read this I clench my fists harder and harder with envy. just kidding. sounds like you got a nice set up there. have fun.

Glad to see you are liking the new uni, it does sound like you are riding it with too little pressure though. and you mentioned the rim bending?! whats that about, the rim shouldn’t bend at all!?

I think he was referring to tire folding not rim bending.

very good parents!!! :smiley:

yeah sorry i meant tyre folding, not rim bending… i tried with higher pressure, and the tyre is still going whitish on the sidewalls… And the pressure is very very high, I mean higher than any other trials uni i’ve ridden…

Then again the tyre works fine, so i guess i wont worry about it. But when i put my hand over the white lines, they seem to kinda go, but come back with a bit of jumping…

and yeha my parents are nice :smiley: but it did take them, one pair of broken pedals, two veyr very bent cranks, plus one crank with the thread removed, and a pretty squarrish rim :smiley:

i convinced my mum when i did a 5 step drop, and a friend took a picutre of the tyre crunching, and the tyre was rock hard, but it just bent straight to the rim :smiley: