Just got my first uni...

I’m the proud owner of a brand new unicycle… It’s a 24" M. Uni. I know it’s not the best uni out there, but I’m enjoying it. I’ve got about an hour under my belt, and I’m getting further and further without the help of the wall… almost two full revs! What a blast!

Anybody got any good learning stories to tell? I’ve been reading everything I can find, and I do believe it’s helping… looking straight ahead, leaning forward, and putting weight on the seat are all helping. I think I’m officially hooked on this sport!

Nice… you will love it so much more when you get better. stick with it!good job! and welcome to the fora.

Welcome! I think you’ll find this is the nicest group on the web :D. Keep at the practice too. Every single achievement, no matter how small, is complete joy.

Thanks, I fully intend to. I got up to 2 full revolutions last night, without the help of the wall… What fun! I’m completely, irrevocably hooked. I can’t believe I didn’t take up this sport when I was younger!

Oh come on now…I wish I had started at your age! :slight_smile:

All kidding aside, welcome to the forums and enjoy this early learning period! I had a blast and would be calling my wife at work every other day with a “hey honey! I made it down the driveway!” and “hey! made it to the neighbor’s mailbox!” etc etc

And it’s still a blast a year later, although now my calls are a little more spaced out…“hey, learned a new mount!”…“just jumped up my first curb!” etc.

It’s awesome cause there is so much to learn that the excitement and sense of accomplishment will always be there.

Glad your having so much fun with it. DON’T GIVE UP!! I started by by extending my arms to the 3 o’clock position and my balance started to improve. Gradually my distance and balance started to improve. I practice 30 minutes per day and it’s paying off. I started to sit straight up on the seat once I start pedaling and look stright ahead not down and the balancing and distance started getting better. One of my favorite videos is on YOU TUBE titled “Chinese girl on unicycle” Good luck!!!

Re: Just got my first uni…

Angus.Findlay wrote:
> I’m the proud owner of a brand new unicycle… It’s a 24" M. Uni. I know
> it’s not the best uni out there, but I’m enjoying it. I’ve got about an
> hour under my belt, and I’m getting further and further without the
> help of the wall… almost two full revs! What a blast!
>
> Anybody got any good learning stories to tell? I’ve been reading
> everything I can find, and I do believe it’s helping… looking
> straight ahead, leaning forward, and putting weight on the seat are all
> helping. I think I’m officially hooked on this sport!
>
>
My first 20" unicycled arrived today aswell, not doing aswell as
yourself yet, only managed 30 mins before going to work. Looking forward
to a longer stint later.

I’m really starting to get the hang of this! It’s cold and snowy in Edmonton, so no outdoor riding for me… but I’ve got a 70-foot hallway in my apartment building with a 90-degree corner. This morning, I rode all the way from one end to the other, turned around (with the help of the walls) and rode back, without a single UPD. I’m completely, utterly hooked on riding.

I love the feeling of finding my balance on the unicycle. This is too much fun!

when you get the hang of it you wont want to stop there are so many things you can do with one wheel

enjoy. welcome to the one wheel world.

Parking garages are good too, as well as well plowed side streets (bundle up and little or better yet no cotton).